1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Line of Sight

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by kelendros, Aug 21, 2011.

1. kelendros

kelendros New Member

Line of sight would be awesome. I like map tools take on it but I think it could be better. I would like to see a lighting adjuster to darken or lighten the play area and have the effects of torches and other light sources fill the area...I can live with out it I am sure but would defiantly help me to sell this to my home gaming group.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Dynamic Fog of War is in the works.

The demos look great.

3. kelendros

kelendros New Member

You guys are my heros :)

4. neofax

neofax New Member

Where are these demos so I can check them out? Also, is the Dynamic FoW user based or game based? By that I mean does each token/avatar have it's own FoW? So if Bob has darkvision and can see 60ft he does not reveal the map to Joe who only has normal vision? How about for supers games where they have X-Ray vision or see invisibility...?

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

We are taking a multi tier apporach to FOW. First will be a dynamic fog of war where you see all the light sources from your party.
    Then we will move it to dynamic per PC. You will only see what you can see and other light sources that are within line of sight.

Light sources and vision will be attachable to a creature item or location on the map.

We are trying to be careful to design it correctly from the start so we can offer dynamic FOW then add more kewl features to it as we develop it further.

6. Kizan

Kizan New Member

"Do it right the FIRST time and you won't have to come back and do it again." - my Dad

Good advice rarely ages badly.

Good call, taking your time and getting it right.

Thanx,

Kizan

7. kridak

kridak New Member

I will be happy to test it....my group still yearns for maptools FoW.

They loved the ambience it gave, and they tend to take off in random directions, so not seeing what the other is doing use to have some hilarious consequences.

8. kelendros

kelendros New Member

I just hope it isn't as time consuming to set up as maptools...there is a reason I choose d20 pro over maptools, even being free didn't make me choose it...lol

9. Provos

Provos New Member

Is there a newsletter that has updates on the progress of new features?