1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

v3.0...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zug, Aug 3, 2011.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

Probably just making it look pretty and working on its ability to handle heavy workloads without getting bogged down.

D20Pro guys........Can you guys give us an exact list of features we can expect in 3.0?.......If you did already can someone post a link to that particular post?

:D :) :D :) :D :) :twisted:

2. ChrisRevocateur

Now that it's out, how quickly can we expect things to be added to the Marketplace?

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

As soon as I can make maps on Dundjinni........kidding. :D

4. Montis

Montis New Member

The font is HUUUGEEEE, wtf?

5. scienceboyroy

scienceboyroy New Member

Release notes?

6. RenScotson

RenScotson New Member

7. scienceboyroy

scienceboyroy New Member

8. SpoiltVChild

SpoiltVChild New Member

Yes, this is sort of odd. It looks like size 24 or so. Is there anything to do about this?

9. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

Is it just me or is anyone else underwhelmed by 3.0? This seems more like a 2.x release -- at best.

10. firebringer

firebringer Member

I guess I am a little underwhelmed, especially because my first experience with 3.0 was the ugly fact that a) the game log font size became way too large and b) apparently font size is not changeable by end users. It wouldn't have been a problem if the font size was too large by default but we, the users, could change it. But making it distractingly large AND not able to be changed by us chapped me pretty well.

Now maybe if the Marketplace starts to be filled by awesome downloads, like all of the rules in Paizo's Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, and the Advanced Player's Guide, all of which I'd gladly pay for, then my opinion of 3.0 might go up.

...but damn they need to make the fonts changeable by the end users, even if it's a line in an .xml file that we change. I don't necessarily need a major GUI change to support it.

Firebringer

11. ChrisRevocateur

Yeah, the big "innovation" between 3 and 2.x is the marketplace. Not much actually changed in the core of the program, which honestly makes me rather sad.

If the Marketplace had released with more than just a rules add-on that had been free before the marketplace was released, and two overhead mini packs, I might think it was a good release.

12. Liquidash

Liquidash New Member

i appreciate the larger font size.. especially when mousing over an item.. i play on a 55 inch tv and its rediculous to have to lean forward and squint to read something lol... the chat log font i think should be adjustable per person's decision.. but the increase for menu txt and things that pop up is greatly appreciated!

13. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hello Chris,

Great question. It is difficult to give exact dates about additional content to the marketplace, but I can tell you that is what we are currently working on. There are several artists already signed up and several on the brink. It is a matter of getting all of their ducks lined up in a row, then lining them up with our ducks, double checking the lines are straight... We have about 5 contributors very close and another 50 or so in the pipeline with some closer to being ready than others.

I would like to see the rest of 2011 used as a test / development / strengthening of the content and the marketplace and launch out of the 2012 gate full force tails a waggin'

Best regards and good gaming,

Nick

14. scienceboyroy

scienceboyroy New Member

Any chance of giving us the option to adjust font sizes?

15. cyderak

cyderak Member

The Duck analogy was a little much but the thought was conveyed. :D

Which artists are signed on and which are on the fence?

Have you guys tried Lord ZseZse Works?

They do phenominal work.

16. ChrisRevocateur

Get Hugo Solis to do some character portraits! I'd buy that.

17. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Ok, at the risk of sounding like an ungrateful whiner, is there some reason why the Game Log font size explosion has not had one word of address by the D20Pro programmers, even though folks are looking for an answer? Did I miss it being addressed in another thread? I mean, personally, I like it to be a bit larger than it was, but currently it's just a few font sizes too big.

Val

18. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Val,

While I'm not on the d20Pro development team, I thought I addressed this in another thread... but I guess I was dreaming or something. So I'll post here and in the other thread regarding the font size.

I know the development team is working on a user friendly interface that has a color picker for each game log option and the ability to change the size of the text for the game log. As to when this will be added, I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. d20Pro is moving in the direction to become more and more user customizable.

19. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Thanks Curtis....maybe I missed it, but I was sure I checked all recent relevant threads. Glad to hear it will be addressed.

Val

Edit: I do see it now, under my post in another thread...I posted this one this AM, before you responded, so you weren't dreaming . =) Thanks again.

20. phloog

phloog Member

Put me in the "and...?" camp on this one.....I'll admit I wasn't following development threads about what was planned, but with the exception of Roy Clark's Big Note Font for Chat, and the fix to the image browsing, I have to actually refer to the release notes to tell the differences...it's as if there were some bug fixes, and a few incidental tweaks, but was the whole purpose of v3 the potential new revenue stream from the Marketplace?

In terms of beggars not being choosers, I will grant that it's a free update, but I will also tell you that if I'd paid for this update I would have been mad- - - angry enough to actually switch products.

It sure looks like it only got called v3 because of the market. For me, that doesn't bode well for the future of this product, which is a bummer as I was considering developing for the marketplace. There are about a thousand seemingly tiny but awesome things that could have been done, which admittedly might have caused people to have to convert material, but I'd have preferred re-adding my campaign into a much richer product.