1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

More powerful management of ability scores

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Remaker, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Remaker

Remaker Member

I'd really like to see ability scores, saving throws, and initiative handled in the same way that armor class is handled. I'd like to be able to track modifiers to ability scores separately from the base score, be able to define different kinds of bonuses to resolve stacking issues (spells like Mass Bull's Rush bring our game to a grinding halt as everyone has to stop and check if they have any other kind of enhancement bonus and then I have to create custom effects for each person), and have saves and initiative autoupdate when the relevant ability score is changed.

These functionalities already exist fro Armor Class, so we know that it is doable. The biggest issue that I see is that there isn't enough space on the character sheet to hold that many windows. My suggestion is to move these modifiers to a submenu that opens up when you right click on a stat.

As long as we're at it, a way to define relevant attributes would be nice. Like, Fortitude would be set to Con by default, but we could have the option to change it to Con + Cha for paladins, etc.

2. Tharck

Tharck New Member

Hey, go the extra mile. Place two boxes (one along-side the other, or one immediately underneath) for each base score including Armor Class, Attributes, and Attack Bonuses. Allow the DM to turn off "Enhancement" bonuses with a single click across the board. This will help streamline effects like Antimagic Shell into something that is not so completely annoying like in pen and paper.

Imagine that a moment, breathe it in.