1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Drawing - Newbie question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eternalwolf777, Nov 14, 2011.

1. eternalwolf777

eternalwolf777 New Member

I downloaded the software and we are trying it out right now. So far, we really like it but something seems to be missing.

The drawing tools allow me to generate simple maps but what we really want is the ability to 'free draw' on an existing map. We want to be able to circle something... draw an 'x'... draw an arrow... etc. Is there no way to do this? I appreciate any help you can offer on this.

2. ChrisRevocateur

Yeah, there is no 'free draw' mode in the program what-so-ever. They concentrated a lot on combat resolution and rules automation when they started this program, and the rest of the features haven't quite caught up.

3. eternalwolf777

eternalwolf777 New Member

Ok, thanks. Darn.

I really like this software but the drawing is kind of important too... We'll just need to weigh it all out. Thanks for the help.

4. Nevulus

Nevulus New Member

What I did was create a bunch of tiles both 1x1, 2x2, and 4x4 with common drawings I use during a game, like an arrow, circle, etc etc. Saved them in PNG format with a clear background and use those during the game. I leave them on the map, but hidden by the fog of war, and duplicate/drag n drop em as needed during the game without needing to constantly bring up the library window. hope that helps a bit.