1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

d20Pro on ipod/ipad/itouch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ogexam, May 26, 2010.

1. ogexam

ogexam Member

While d20Pro cannot run directly on any of the idevices I ran into something today that can allow you to do just that!

https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/ignition/iphone/

It is an application that allows you to access a desktop computer, which is running d20Pro, from your ipad!!!

So keep your home desktop computer accessible and when you want to run d20Pro crank up this app start d20Pro on your desktop and you are off and running!

At least that is what I have heard people are using the above app for. There were people talking about it on the HeroLab forum (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9779). Plus I had seen an article about a guy controlling d20Pro with his ipad, but it did not give details.

I guess Logmein is like GoToMyPC for the ipad.

I know very little about this, but I wanted to get this information out to our users. anybody with an Ipad want to give this a shot and let us know how well it works?!?!?!

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

3. Dragon Scales

Dragon Scales New Member

You can't use this if you are not on the same network as your PC, but if you are at home you can control a PC with Splashtop on your iPad. It only costs like 2 dollars and can be used on any number of PCs at no extra cost.

I use it to run my media PC from my bed. It works out great!

4. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I don't know the details of LogMeIn but I use the RPD service that comes with Windows to run Hero Lab and d20Pro all the time from outside my local LAN. I used it at GenCon to connect back to my house to update my character sheet in Hero Lab and output to a PDF (saved in my Dropbox folder) and then picked up the PDF in GoodReader (it has Dropbox support). Worked great never printed a paper sheet. My machine at home in Ohio and GenCon in Indy, IN all over 3G. No biggie.

I've played with d20Pro over RDP. It's OK, but I didn't do more than play with it. I have a PC at our game table and a laptop for when I take it on the road.

Kizan

5. danielpryor

danielpryor New Member

I use Splashtop, it's awesome!

6. Provos

Provos New Member

I use SplashTop also. You can get splashtop working over the internet it is just a pain to set up.