1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Attack Selection Box

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by kelendros, Nov 10, 2011.

1. kelendros

kelendros New Member

I wish to address some utilities that are not being used that could be implemented fairly easily in my opinion( as they are resources already available in game).

Mostly the attack box (the box you get when you hit A). I would like to see the box have some icons in it...A sword for melee, a bow for ranged, a hand for touch based attacks, and another for basic combat maneuvers. when you click on the icon it brings up your weapon attacks for melee, ranged, magic, ect...Ranged should store the range at which they are firing and deduct the range modifier automatically, as well there should be additional check boxes for cover, in melee, ect. and possibly ask what ammo you are using and deduct the correct amount from inventory.

as well a more detailed break down of the modifiers could be added and editable by the DM. All the bonuses and Minuses should be shown and explained (this will defiantly help in debugging the new spell system if it will use the attack box. )

It would be increasingly useful as the new spell interface is created and deployed. This box could become the Action box instead of the attack box giving greater function to the entire program, All spells could be tracked here, so could actions such as charge, or ready. One Place for all the actions the characters may do in the round.

Thanks for listening to the ramble... I was going to post this in the beta forums but decided here would be best...My players are the ones crying for these changes, and I have to agree that they would make things much smoother.

Kelendros

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

All your suggestions would be very nice to have.
    - iconic display of attack types
    - auto-calculate penalty for range increments
    - better interface for spells / attacks / abilities all in one place
    - bonus type listings and breakdown for all bonus modifiers

3. ChrisRevocateur

I like the line of logic in this suggestion, especially the idea of adding more types of modifiers to attacks and making those modifiers transparent to the DM. I also really like the idea of consolidating all the different kinds of actions into one menu.

4. Mandos

Mandos New Member

I second this as something desirable. The core reason we use this program (I'm buying another license today!) is because it lets us play remotely, even though we are scattered about the country. An important, enabling aspect of this function is the auto-calculation of combat rolls, skill checks, etc. Our remote gaming is very much about using 2-3 hours on a weekday night profitably to advance the campaign. Not having to hand calculate most rolls lively saves us an entire encounter--that is, in a typical gaming session we get in 2, sometimes three encounters in, and I think without those auto-calculations we would be more like 1-2.

So anything you can do to take calculation burdens and offload them onto the software is really key to the core purpose of the software.