1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Edit Effects Tab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mandos, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Mandos

Mandos New Member

I'm having some difficulty getting my Effects to work properly--the duration Effects are loading "instant" no matter how I save them, and I have clutter (multiple or outdated copies) in my Effects.

1. I'd like to get Effects I have saved, e.g. "Bull's Str (3)" to save with the right duration (3 min. in this case).
    2. Delete unwanted Effects from the library.

I'm using a Mac, D20Pro v. 3.0.0 according to the "About" section in the game options menu. I have a DM only creature called "Caster" that has at will Abilities for every spell my PCs use, with an associated effect.

1. If I go to the "Edit Effects" and select an unwanted effect, it becomes salmon colored, and I get the mouse-over message: "Select Effect and click Load. Press delete key to destroy selected effect." Pressing the "Delete" key does nothing.

2. No matter what I do, while the ability/effect for "Caster" retains the right duration, if I use the "X" key as a judge to load an effect, or the "S" key to have the PC cast their memorized spell, duration reverts back to "instant." I would really like to not have to re-input duration everytime someone casts a duration based spell.

Also, is there a text or data file that stores the effects that I can access and edit?

2. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Just answered one of my questions: you must click "FN + Delete" to delete an effect. Still can't get durations to stick.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Durations won't stick to effects. This is a known limitation of effects in d20pro. The only way to save durations is by making it an ability on the character sheet.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm thinking all the other questions have been answered... if not, please ask again.

Show Package Contents
    \d20Pro\user\effectsd20Pro.GM.dat

5. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Thank you both for responding!

Curtis, a small point and a question:
    1. That file is in a different location for me: D20Pro\Resources\Java\user\effectsd20Pro.GM.dat

I presume though that's the file you're referring to.

2. Do you know what program I would use to open/edit this file?

6. ChrisRevocateur

You can use TextPad.