1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Very Satisfied With D20Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mandos, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Just wanted to give you guys some positive feedback. I'm very satisfied with the software, and while it can certainly be improved, overall it's very much worth the money. My group is able to play effectively, and so the money I spent on licenses was well worth it.

Thanks for a great solution! :)

2. scienceboyroy

scienceboyroy New Member

It's true that we sometimes neglect to give positive feedback, at least in words (our purchases should certainly provide some positive feedback). It's hard to please everyone always, of course, and so we often think, "This would be the perfect software, if only it could bring me a sandwich!" Or maybe that's just me... I could really go for a sandwich.

Anyway, we tend to single out the few things that bother us about the program, hoping they'll be improved and that we'll get something even better than the product we liked enough to buy. Someone could read all of our griping and ask, "Isn't there anything about it that you like?" But then we'd naturally respond, "Of course! I paid for it, didn't I?" And since there's a 30-day free trial, it makes no sense to buy it and not like it. Every purchase should represent a positive review.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying this is sufficient; we should give positive feedback more often. I'm simply posting to tell the developers, "Yes, this program DOES rock, please don't think we don't like you. See? We bought it. That's proof that you're awesome." And proof with money is better than just proof.

Now, if only you'd find a way to add that sandwich feature... It couldn't be that hard, because I read part of this article once that was about how to write web pages in HTML, so now I know everything about programming and can tell you how easy it is to make a computer program that turns well-intentioned sarcasm into delicious comestibles. ;)

3. hukt_own_fonikz

hukt_own_fonikz New Member

I also agree, this is wonderful software and I honestly have no idea how in the 70's-90's anyone played DnD on a regular basis. Drawing maps takes waaayyyy too much time, but I guess that's where the stereotype of "nerd in his mom's basement" came from. He was down there drawing DnD maps all week! Great job, guys!