1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Option for when death occurs

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by sciencephile, Feb 7, 2012.

1. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

This has probably been suggested before but if so please consider this a re-iteration of that request. It would be nice to have the death at be an option, rather than just occuring at -10. In fact, changing this would actually support your mission statement due to the fact that it would stop enforcing D&D 3.5 rules and support multiple game systems. :)

It should be a very minor fix - just an extra option in the options, somthing like: [ ] Death at -CON Score [ ] Death at -10 [ ] Death at other static number: [text box]

My idea of pseudocode for this would be (not being overly clever to reduce the lines of code but make it more readable):

If (Options.DeathAt == DEATH_AT_MINUS_CON_SCORE)

Token.DeathAt = - Token.ConScore;

else if (Options.DeathAt == DEATH_AT_MINUS_10)

Token.DeathAt = -10;

else

Token.DeathAt = Options.DeathAtCustomAmount;

I'm not sure if you wanted to see my idea of pseudocode for this but rather than just complaining about something not working, I thought I would be constructive and give an idea how to fix it :)

A huge number of the players nowadays are playing Pathfinder yet we are stuck using D&D 3.5 death at -10 rules, unfortunately.

Thanks and keep up the good work with such a great product.

2. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

Agreed. And I especially appreciate the pseudocode as it outlines your suggestion very clearly and proactively.

3. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

By the way, if it is easier to just allow the "Death At Score" to be a textbox for each token in the character sheet, then that would be better than nothing. It could then assume -10 unless there is something in this textbox, in which case the value would be overridden by this amount entered. While ideally it would be nice to set a rule that supports a ruleset in general (and thus not having more work for the GM to do), having to do it individually would be better than no option at all.

4. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I support this idea. I run Pathfinder and run into this issue all the time.

5. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

I realized that I should put this under the Google Moderator for d20pro. One of my players put the topic in that area.

http://goo.gl/mod/c9Pl

Then click on "Combat & Gameplay". The suggestion in the moderator is "The ability to set what negitive hp equals death. It currently assumes -10 equals dead, this should be variable as not all systems use those rules."

For those that support this idea, a good way to support it is to go to the moderator site and vote for it. I think anyone who plays Pathfinder should vote for it and show that not all of us play D&D 3.5.