1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Resizing Map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by branbric, Feb 24, 2012.

1. branbric

branbric New Member

Hello, I hate to be a bother, but I need some help resizing this damn image to grid up correctly, can someone give me a hand with this and tell me how they did it? Thanks in advance!

edit: I would like the squares to be 35 pixels wide, if possible.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1240423/-051.jpg

2. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

It can't resize properly because the squares aren't square. But you can probably get close enough.

Two things that help a lot for importing maps in general are resizing to 250% and using a grid size of about 70-75.

Going from memory of doing this a month ago, I actually split it into two maps. Then I resized to 250% in Paint. Imported in d20pro and got grid size to about 72-74. Center of playing area I could match pretty well but it got off grid the further out from there. I turned OFF the grid on the map and called it done.

On some maps that I run into this problem with, I will stretch to 250% in one direction and experiment with 245-255% or so in the other direction. This usually gets me right on the mark.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

4. branbric

branbric New Member

The map won't import into d20pro, gives an error message. I DID follow the user guide, but STILL could not get it to work. I appreciate the help though.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

To import a d20Pro exported file map:
    1) Unzip the file
    - should have a file named "WeBeGoblinsShip.d20_map"
    2) Load d20Pro, open the Library Window, click on Map Library, click on the "Import" button on the bottom of the Map Library Window. Then select the file "WeBeGoblinsShip.d20_map"
    - this point d20Pro should recognize the map and ask if you wish to open the map.

Is this what you tried when importing the map? If you restarted d20Pro and try again does it work? If you are continuing to receive the error, can you outline the process you used and take a screenshot?

6. branbric

branbric New Member

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

8. branbric

branbric New Member

Wha? Ummm, that worked, everythings fine now. Thanks for the help.