1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Imported graphics show up as locks for players.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SDM, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SDM

SDM New Member

After importing images from PDF's for NPC's and monsters the images show up just fine for me (the GM) but show up as lock symbols for my players.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I would try the following...
    1) copy image from PDF
    2) paste image into graphic editor (photoshop or GIMP)
    3) save image as JPG, or PNG if using transparency
    4) load image from file

Some questions if the previous steps do not solve the issue:
    1) What version of d20Pro are you using? Are you using v3.1? If not, update to v3.1 then import the graphic while using new version and try again.
    2) What version of Java are you using? Are you using version 6 update 29 or later? If not, update Java.
    3) Please describe your process on how you import your images from the PDF.

3. SDM

SDM New Member

1) I am using 3.1
    2) I am using the latest version of Java
    3) I copy an image from a PDF, edit the image using GIMP, save the image as a JPG (or PNG I have tried both), I then import image from file in D20Pro. I have also attempted loading directly from the clipboard but I get the sane results.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If you logged into your game as a player also (open a new instance of d20Pro, use IP: 127.0.0.1 - on the same computer as your judge server), do you also see the images in form of a lock symbol on your player client?

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I had this issue with a map.

Edward, you should PM Ogexam about this. He is whom I spoke with about it, but it was not on this board.

6. SDM

SDM New Member

When I log in as a player I see locks, as a Judge I see the image I imported.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Try going to Options > Judge > "Refresh Resources" then rebroadcast (F5).

If this still doesn't solve your issue I'd do what Golkiwu suggests, use the contact form to email the development team to look at the issue for resolution. http://www.d20pro.com/contact.php

8. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Just to be thorough, I could not reproduce this issue myself. The Lock that is seen is related to the D20PRO Marketplace, and is what one sees on content protected by the Marketplace encryption. If you have never entered the marketplace to look at it, you may try to log into it and see if that clears up anything. I had already done that when we tried to re-create the issue, so maybe that was part of it. I also am not using the latest version of Java, I am using build 29.

I would definitely PM OGEXAM about this.

9. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

Thanks for reporting this. There is indeed a bug that will cause protected content to appear locked to players. :oops:

It doesn't always happen so not every session will encounter it. The workaround is to restart the Judge (leave the Players running) and once the Judge restarts and a broadcast is sent all locked assets will appear correctly.

This is already fixed and will be released in the upcoming v3.2. In the meantime please accept my apologies for this. If you feel particularly inconvenienced, send me a PM and I'll work with you to make sure you are satisfied.

10. SDM

SDM New Member

I will wait for version 3.2. This is not a major issue for me but I appreciate all the help everyone has given. Everything else works fine so the lack of an image for some of my creatures is very minor as far as I am concerned. Thanks again for the help.

11. JefA

JefA New Member

I am afraid my players get this too...and the workaround didnt work for them :(

12. JefA

JefA New Member

Oh and I even get this if i log as a player on the same PC every time .. with chara's imported from hero Lab not ones copied off another map eg the bestiary on these forums

:cry: