1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Character creation/editing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dothackking, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Dothackking

Dothackking New Member

Hello, I am very interested in your project, as a player.

My friend wants to be the DM, now I understand that without herolabs the DM has to create the player characters. This is fine for me, but is there a way that the person assigned ownership can do the level-ups and such? I haven't gotten to fiddle around with it much, please let me know how I can do this if it is possible

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Dothackking,

Currently only those who have a Full Judge licenses are able to manipulate creature data on creatures inside their library using d20Pro. Some of my players also have Judge licenses and edit their characters each time they level up and submit me their new character when they finish.

3. Truwen

Truwen Member

My group uses drop box. One other person for now has hero lab so he just exports his d20 export from there and puts it in his folder in drop box. Others I have found options for them for character sheets. There are a couple of really cool options. Hero forge (not my favorite, but can get the job done) is free, though you need to use Excel to be able to take full advantage of hero forge. The next I have found is TOS+ (the only sheet +) Is very good, though I don't know how it works exactly since I did not purchase it and don't have access to their forums. I do hear that it is very good though. Hero Lab you know of, and I highly recommend this for many of its features and the community created content.

Carpedm.name (its a website believe it or not) is nice for inputting your character sheets and having them viewable online. Owners of the sheets will have to make them public/viewable to others though. I have a .pdf file that you can fill in the information (some fields don't calculate correctly though I have noticed so you will just have to make a note of it. I think its only the armor, it doesn't account for max dex if I recall.)

As an aside, since I mentioned The Only Sheet + it does cost 10 bucks for the sheet itself. In addition to that, they have a highly developed spreadsheet called LootDivider. This also uses excel, it is 5 bucks. I think it is well worth it, unless you have someone in your group that can create something similar/better. Basically you have several tabs, you can put loot in the treasure tab, assign it to one of 10 group members (I have 7 players including myself so I have one set as Group Loot). It assigns a sell value and you can set the rate to sell at of any % you want for everything or each individual item.

It is very handy to keep track of everything, who got what, etc.

If I think of any more of the tools we use, have created, or I have found online I will mention them here/post a link for you.

One other thing, Drop box is free and if you refer your friends you get 250 megs of extra space free up to I think 10 gigs. We are at about 5 gigs of space so we can share just about any file we use for D&D.