1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Clearing the Inactive roster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Mac

Mac New Member

is there an easy way to clear the whole thing at once?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. Reset the game from the Options Window. This will close all maps.

However, if you just want to clear the Active Roster, you can select all creatures on the map (zoom out then click-drag a rectangle selecting all the creatures) then press ALT+I (sounds like eye : "i" not a one). Then to hide them from your player's Passive Roster, make each creature invisible by pressing "V" until the Game Log displays all creatures are "invisible except to owners." Then make the party members visible again, and put them back into the roster by selecting them and pressing "I" then "V" until it states that the creatures are visible.

3. Mac

Mac New Member

Wow thats a bit of a round about way of doing things. The problem I am having is when I add creatures or players to get maps ready they automatically join the active roster. The I put a big box around them to take them off of the active roster and they all end up in the inactive roster. Then I have to go through and clear the inactive roster. Am I doing this wrong? It would be easier to just have a clear inactive roster button or something. Also I am not sure I understand the function of the inactive roster.
    Mac

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The Passive Roster lists all creatures on all maps you have open, and all limbo creatures.

If creature is invisible to the player, the creature will not be displayed on any Roster (active or passive) on the Player side. Nor will the Player see any actions done by the invisible creature on their Player Game Log.

Visibility is either done manually via the keyboard command "V" OR via the context menu (right-click / option-click) > Alter > Visibility >
    - Dynamic Visibility lets d20Pro decide visibility based on Fog of War. If creature is completely hidden behind the Fog of War, the creature will be invisible to all players who do not own the creature. If one grid square shows any part of the creature's base, the entire creature will be shown to all players, regardless of ownership.

From the Roster (passive or active) you can drag and drop any creature to any spot on any open map. This will change the position of the creature from the starting position (original placement on the map) to the new one you dragged the creature to. If you are in combat mode - no path will be drawn.

There is really no reason to purge the Passive Roster, unless all maps are closed and you wish to free up some resources.

So then, my question is: What do you wish to accomplish by "clearing the passive roster" ?

5. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

This is one of the main ways I use the roster, whether creatures happen to be passive or active. In my game, the characters are exploring a large area, and we often switch between the large overhead map and the smaller encounter maps. It's handy to be able to drop the characters onto different maps from the roster.

Another use of the roster is to select or target tokens that are underneath other tokens or on other maps. Just click on them, and the token jumps to the top and the map centers on them (or appears if they're on a different map). This can also be handy if you're trying to target someone with an attack or effect, and they're not immediately visible on the map for whatever reason.