1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

inventory items integrated with Attack/Ability functions

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by unsaved, Jul 13, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

This is a generalization of my post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1779 . Wanted to make a separate post in hopes of getting more attention.

Curtis, and I'm sure many other d20Pro players, don't use the Item tab for many inventory items because entries there would be redundant since there is no association to corresponding entries in Attack and Ability tabs. If I add a short sword to Items, then short sword Attack record(s) should be auto-generated. Similarly for Ammunition. If I add a wand to Items, then there should be some way to associate that with Spells or Abilities. May make sense to add a "wield" boolean field to the Item list, so that Attack/Spell/Ability records could be disabled (grayed) when the item is not available, requiring the player to perform a draw or retrieve Move Action (often making another hand-held item disabled). Scrolls, potions, etc. should be associated with Spells or Abilities.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

+1

I agree.

3. unsaved

unsaved Member

In addition to the extra and optional "wield" field, maybe also an optional "hp" field to track condition of selected possessions, as Curtis was discussing earlier today.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

5. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

I'll vote for this one.