1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Keep PF APG rules separate

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by unsaved, Jul 13, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

Others here may not think the need is justified, so speak up.

I assert that there are a lot of Pathfinder players who purposefully choose to not use APG rules. Therefore, I think that d20Pro should provided a "Basic PF Ruleset" and "PF with APG Ruleset". I don't like a bunch of unnecessary stuff cluttering my lists, and would like to have confidence that basic rules without APG "enhcanements" are being applied. I think that the debatable assertion that a lot of Pathfinder players do not want to use APG rules is adequate justification for this request (i.e. it's necessary to satisfy d20Pro's user base), but if somebody wants to debate why people would purposefully want PF without APG, we can discuss that.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Ultimately, I would like the marketplace to be able to add rules by appending a ruleset (accessory) to the ruleset (base). Thus, have one entry for each source/book and available to add to the base ruleset. Thus, anyone can choose which sources they wish to use. (or a way to determine which sources to use when applying a ruleset inside d20Pro, so download all/use selected from a list)

In the meantime, if you want to prune the current Pathfinder ruleset to only include the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, and upload those text files, I'd be happy to create a Marketplace download for only the Pathfinder Core Rulebook. I believe you are the third person to bring up this topic. Even though I restrict the classes available to my players, I still want the option to use those restricted classes as a NPC or an enemy.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

exactly, rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it :)

4. Montis

Montis New Member