1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

d20Pro and Hero Lab integration question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xorial, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Xorial

Xorial New Member

I am thinking of using this at my game table. Right now I play Pathfinder. If I have players playing classes from other sources not included in the Pathfinder rules, can I still import them from Hero Lab? Do I need to enter that material into d20Pro?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If the custom class is not inside the classes.txt file your Hero Lab imported character will loose on a couple things (though, it is easy to get back with some character editing inside d20Pro).

Base Attack Bonus is auto-calculated via class and level. You can simply use the BaB override and place the appropriate bonus in the box.

Spells per day and spell list. You can use the Freeform editor to add your spell list. (Note: only the spells inside your spells.txt file are displayed, so if you have custom spells edit your spells.txt file to include the new spell names.)

Once you have those two things set, you are good to go.

The other alternative is to edit your ManuallySpecified directory's files to include the custom class and custom feats.

3. Xorial

Xorial New Member

That should be good, then. I don't plan on using it over the internet. I'll be using it as a face to face game enhancer, so those limitations are more than manageable.