1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Having PCGen import trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rscherker, Aug 27, 2012.

1. rscherker

rscherker New Member

Hello anyone,

I've been unable to get PCGen import to work at all. I've tried to follow the instructions at http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1684
    but the xml file link is broken and the information there may be out of date anyhow. I'm using D20 v 3.2 and PCGen 5.16.4 Can anyone help??

Russ

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Do you get any error messages when attempting to import your PCGen character?

3. rscherker

rscherker New Member

Well, first off, I couldn't even download the http://www.d20pro.com/dl/beta/csheet_fantasy_generic_export.xml file because it was a broken link. Eventually, I found a version of it using google's cache of the file. So, I'm not even sure I have a valid version of the file. But, I did give it a try anyhow... I tried to use the file for import but got this message:

Any thoughts?

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

5. rscherker

rscherker New Member

Thanks! That did the trick.

6. Truwen

Truwen Member

For pcgen does this "template" for export support everything as per the patch notes for 3.3? Or is this still a 3.2 version? Because if I can get my players who don't use herolab to use this life will be a trillion times easier.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The PCGen export sheet on their SVN will always be the most up-to-date. To take advantage of patch notes for v3.3 you will need to have v3.3, since there have also been updates to d20Pro's Importer for PCGen.

8. Truwen

Truwen Member

Thanks Curtis.

9. Truwen

Truwen Member

So what all is supposed to be imported with PCgen? I imported one of my friends characters none of his gold, items and damage reduction imported at all. His dwarven waraxe did not import correctly.
    Error message on the notes tab of the imported character is below. (The skill is the easy fix, I have not gotten to that yet.) However the import of the attacks is where I am stumped.

As of right now I don't see anything else that is missing from the import from pcgen though, but I am tired. If anything else comes up I will post in detail here.

Code:
    Imported from PCGen (3.5) on Sep 5, 2012

skill not found: Craft (Untrained)
    skill not found: Search (Notice unusual stonework)

Importer Error Log:
    Unable to set Damage: 1d10 for attack: Waraxe +5 (Dwarven/Frost/Holy)
    Unable to set crit range for attack: Waraxe +5 (Dwarven/Frost/Holy)
    Unable to set Damage: 1d10 for attack: Waraxe +5 (Dwarven/Frost/Holy)
    Unable to set crit range for attack: Waraxe +5 (Dwarven/Frost/Holy)