1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Turn off sounds for invisible creatures

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Daeruin, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I can't find the link to the Google Moderator page or I would post this there. There needs to be a sticky link to it here in the feature request forum.

Here's my request. You know how d20pro does the little bling sound effect when it goes to the next creature's turn in the initiative order? It would be nice if that could be turned off for invisible creatures. Let's say I have five trolls hidden behind a corner. It's kind of a giveaway when the players hear five bling sounds in a row while waiting for the next person's turn. I'd prefer it to only bling right before a visible creature's turn.

2. ChrisRevocateur

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Are the player's hearing the initiative "bing" sound through the GM's microphone picking up the sound from the GM's speakers?

You can turn off sounds in the Options > General tab. Or lower the volume of d20Pro sounds via your sound mixer (if you have one) lower than the microphone's pickup of said sounds.

What if a player turns invisible from a spell or an ability? Should they not hear an initiative "bing" to indicate it's their turn?

4. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

It's not from the my mic. I use a headset. I actually have all my sounds turn off, but I can hear it coming through my players' mics. And this isn't about being invisible--it's about creatures the players haven't encountered yet giving off a bing sound. I generally keep such creatures not visible in d20pro until the players have seen them.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Interesting. It should be only play that sound when that player's creature is up on initiative. I'll test it out a bit.

Okay. Noted as a bug. Thanks.