1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Don't show fast healing

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Daeruin, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I like to play with the visible damage meter turned off, so my players can't see how much damage their enemies have taken. The other day they were fighting trolls and didn't realize that they'd missed hitting one with acid to keep him dead. Unfortunately, when the next turn came around, it displayed the troll's fast healing right in the game log, alerting them all. I was kind of annoyed, as I had looked forward to the troll suddenly rising to its feet and nailing someone. When damage meters are turned off, it would be cool to hide damage and healing effects that aren't player-caused, such as regeneration and fast healing.

kimco likes this.
  2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You evil GM you! :p

So, when Damage Reveal is set to where the player can not see another creature's exact damage, then they should also not be able to see Fast Healing effects affecting the creature? What about the exact damage dealt in attacks, spell effects, etc? I know some people who prefer this route, and they can pull it off by being very descriptive in their combat story telling.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I don't mind if it shows in the log, as long as it's something caused by the players. If it's an ability or a spell that's internal to the creature, like fast heal, or like when a creature casts a spell on itself, I'd like the exact results to be hidden from the players. Not a huge deal, but it would be cool.