1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

HeroLab Import on Critical Multiplier

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Dragonmaster13, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Dragonmaster13

Not sure if this is a bug or not but here goes.

When importing from Hero Lab to d20Pro any weapon with a critical multiplier of 20/x2 is being set to Max on the crit column.

Going to post this on the Hero Lab forums also.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Dragonmaster13,

I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you post the Hero Lab file so I can take a look at what's going on?

Thanks,

3. Dragonmaster13

Here is a couple.

I tried to put them up but keep getting the error:

The extension hld20pro is not allowed.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Looking for the Hero Lab .POR file, and I can take a look at what's going on
    Yeah, you can either:
    1) ZIP the files, and upload the ZIP file.
    2) Change the extension to .TXT file then upload.

5. Dragonmaster13

One more time.

Attached Files:

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I suspect this is due to an old version of Hero Lab data files. Please update Hero Lab.

Current Hero Lab exporter (Hero Lab 4.0B, Pathfinder V6.20):
    Code:
    <attack id="wUnarmed" name="Unarmed Strike" attack="0" damage="1d3" critical="20/x2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="B"/>
    Code:
    critical="20/x2"
    Out-of-date Hero Lab exporter:
    Code:
    <attack id="wUnarmed" name="Unarmed Strike" attack="0" damage="1d6" critical="x2" multiattacks="no" class="light" equipped="" melee="true" ranged="false" thrown="false" finesse="false" damagetype="B"/>
    Code:
    critical="x2"

7. Dragonmaster13

I do have the most recent version. This error cropped up after I updated the program.

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok, please submit your hero lab portfolio file. The file with the file extension .POR.

Simply change the extension name to .txt and upload for review. I will then open the Hero Lab file and try exporting myself.

9. ChrisRevocateur

So I tried to convert the file I specifically noted this happening to the .txt format, as it is happening to me as well now, and it still said it was too big to post (I think because there was an animal companion as well). I guess I'll just make a fresh character equipped with a 20/x2 weapon (as it's happening with all x2 crit weapons that I've noticed). But before I do that, I wanted to bring up that in the newest version of the Pathfinder Hero Lab files, they've changed the output for weapon critical modifiers. I don't remember exactly why, but maybe that has to do with it.

10. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If you are having trouble posting the file here, please email it to me at:
    curtis (at) d20pro (dot) com

11. ChrisRevocateur

Sent, with the subject of "Critical Modifier Import Error"

12. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok, I sent this up for review.

13. djc664

djc664 Member

I've just noticed this is happening to me as well - I'll round up more details about the scenario and submit as well. I actually might be able to trace down to the exact supplement or root cause from my case based on the combination of variables I have in play.

14. ogexam

ogexam Member

This has been fixed and will be in the next release

15. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

I seem to be having this problem recently now too. For a while (I don't recall which versions of which program) this worked just fine. But recently the weapons crit multiplier has been set to max on any weapon on import.

I'm currently using d20pro 3.3.903, Hero Lab v6.1a (Pathfinder dataset v10.8)

I've attached a zip with three files. A test fighter, the HL export file, and the d20pro export file (I exported it after importing it from HL).

Attached Files: