1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spell effects and damage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ncassella, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ncassella

ncassella Member

This may be a stupid question, But I'm trying to figure out if there is anyway to get spell effects and damage loaded into d20pro automatically I guess.

I enjoy the fact that I can build each spells effect on my own but it's really killing me to have to go back and forth between my books and the program while I'm loading this up.

I know the the non OGL stuff would not be in there but is there a reason that the OGL spell effects aren't pre-programmed?

And if anyone knows a fast way to get all that info in there could you let me know.

Thanks,
    Nathan

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

nope not as of right now, but to my understand the entire spell and effect system is being revamped for 3.4. Guess it was still buggy or did not get done in time for 3.3

make it worse your players have to input the effects also on there computer it nothing something that just copies over like monster library, maps, everything else.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Nathan,

You bring up a really good point. To take advantage of all the tracking d20Pro does during game-play having a library of stored spells and effects would save a lot of prep and play time duplicating spells and effects; either through the spell system or through each creature's ability tab (which uses effects). And this is what we are aiming tentatively with the v3.4 release.

One plus side for me having to enter in spells multiple times is that I've brushed up on a lot of rules for spells now. :)

4. ncassella

ncassella Member

Hey Edward,

Thanks for the info I'm looking forward to the 3.4 release as is, but this has gotten me much more excited.

I agree, if anything I've been learning a lot more about spells then I have ever wanted to. :D

5. Entola

Entola Member

The GM Assistants found in the below post really help. Basically you import these NPCs onto your maps and they have all the spell effects already entered. Then if someone casts a spell you can use these to get the effect. What I did was load in these guys then save all the effects so I could import them into the players tokens, but for the NPCs I still use the assistants.

http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1746

6. tufttugger

tufttugger New Member

Ok, this thread I finally found answers most of my questions about existing spell effects/abilities (none), and importing-exporting or what not spell effects/abilities in the current version of D20pro.

Thank you.