1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

embedded DB

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Wesley Gorby, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It would be soooo nice if d20pro moved to some form of embedded DB
    SQL if I had my way...

After a couple of weeks of entering and tweaking monsters, I keep finding myself exclaiming.. "man it would be sooo nice to do search and replace queries... or apply 'Combat Maneuver 0d0+0 str/- CMD' as an attack to all record entries, instead of having to type it into every single record."

I would think it would be easier on java memory as well and thus make the app a bit snappier :)

are there any thoughts as to move like this in the future?

just my 2 coppers of course.

2. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

The more I DM.. the more I like this idea... I'm constantly dumping information in.

For someone like me.. I work on computers for a living, entering information into a DB is easy.
    Allow for that file to be edited outside of D20pro.. (mainly to add npcs into the database.)