1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.5 Spell.txt File with all spells.

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Golkiwu, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

I responded back in PM.

This will stay a work in progress until we get everything entered.
    I don't know if there is a full list any where on the net of all the feats.

I wish there were a way to have feats and spells and classes be separated out based on what book they are in.
    Some people do not want to use some of the books but will use others.
    But I'm not sure there is an easy way for that to be done.

2. Truwen

Truwen Member

I am sure d20 pro staff would have to program something like that in. But what I have done in the past was seperated each books spells by "tagging" them in their own section..

***Players handbook 1***
    spells
    ***Players Handbook 2***
    spells

Etc.

However, what I am doing now is using hero lab, And going through each class and just typing in the spells. Then sorting my word document and deleting any duplicates I come across. I am also going through and fixing any typos I find. I have not uploaded any of my documents yet. Soon though. I will post here what files are updated and what classes have full spell lists in both classes.txt and spells.txt.

I am saving feats.txt and skills.txt for later.

3. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

yeah I just realized I hadn't posted this weekend. I spent some time on Saturday and with the files that Cranerat sent me, I've updated the FEATS.txt file.

I didn't add the Pathfinder feats into the 3.5 file but I added a lot that were not there. I included the feats for like Weapon Focus: Weapon
    I thought I was a good idea to add that in there. It was another busy weekend for me so that is all I got done. When I have time and I'm motivated again, I plan on going through the spell compendium and making sure all of those spells are in there, based on what I've cross referenced all the other books/dungeon magazine/etc spells after the PHB were put into that.

That should give most of us everything that would be needed. I wasn't using hero labs, because it apparently has a few that are not in the official books and some DMs will want to know were the spell came from so they can look it up to try and figure it out.
    That last part for me is a big thing, I wanna know what book it came from because a few the books are just broken.... Tomb of Battle is just too broken to use.(personal opinion).
    At some point, we will need to go in and add in all of the extra classes from the main books. My mind is blank right now but the SRD or the wiki site is full of player made classes that some of them just won't work. I'm wanting to add all of them that are the base classes from the books besides PHB, DMG...hopefully I'm making sense here. Now I'm going to bed, I have to get up for work in 7 hours.

4. Truwen

Truwen Member

I agree, the reason I am doing this from Hero Lab is because I don't have every book and it is easier to do the classes.txt file from hero lab as well.

I tell my players if there is a feat, skill or spell they want to use they have to be able to reference the book for it. We do have a specific set of books they are allowed to use too. I don't usually allow anything in from other sources like hero lab unless they can point me to the book the "item" is from.

I just want a complete list of spells, feats and skills and hero lab has that. Whether we use them or not, that is a different situation. I do wish that hero lab would source all of the spells though. That is the one thing that bugs me about the spells there. Overall though, it is very helpful.

Any way, have a good night. I plan to have druid and bard and ranger spells all done this week. We will see though, depends on how the week goes for me.

5. mahhand

mahhand Member

Hey guys, I was looking for a post such as this to avoid all the work it was going to take me to put the spell compendium into the spells and classes files for use in d20pro. I knowticed though here that I cant find a compete and up to date version that has all the spells from the spell compendium book here. Truwen post witht he cleric info has spells listed in it that are not on any of the "spells" info or posted updates ( cleric 1st level spell blade of blood for instance).

I saw this post if a bit old so I though i would see if anyone could post the needed spells and classes files here that are the most up to date. I saw Curtis post and link to the project site for updates but those seems to be missing what is in Truwens post as well.........

thanks for any help you can offer

6. Truwen

Truwen Member

I updated (the second time now) the repository to include my classes.txt and spells.txt files. My current version includes every spell for clerics. The spells.txt file contains duplicate spells, though that is not causing any issues so I am going to leave it like that until I am completed with the files. I am pulling my lists from hero lab, so it is as complete as I can make it, I am fairly certain they have every spell ever made for D&D 3.5. I am sorry it has taken me so long to post back here about the updates, I just haven't had a lot of time to sit down and write out these lists.

Though i did have the clerics list completed in both files, and I recall updating the repository but it was since reverted or something. At any rate it is again updated to my version of the spells and classes files.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the issue comes into play where multiple people are simply replacing the document with their own, where it should be a collaborative effort where if there is something missing to add it. Since both people saw something missing they just assume theirs is the most complete and replace the existing one.

8. Truwen

Truwen Member

That is what I was thinking, and have been brainstorming today on how to approach it from here on out. Any suggestions?

Edit: Looked over the repository and think from now on I will just add to the bottom of the list, the copy and paste the list into a word document and run my sort and remove duplicates macro to clean up any dupes I might add or that may already be in the list. I think that might be my best approach to this so I don't accidentally delete work other people put into the files.

9. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

The last one we posted on the Google link should of had most of those spells you are looking for in it.
    It should of had most if not all the spells from Spell Compendium.... looking at those dates.. its been 8 months since I updated anything last...I just don't remember.

I have not looked at it in several months because my groups have moved to Pathfinder.

10. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This seems to be a good option. :)

11. Wheels

Wheels Member

I know this is old thread but I'm going to host a campaign for the first time using D20Pro. Is there a file with spells from the Spell Compendium?

12. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member