1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

cannot connect to d20 server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by genuineReplica, Mar 5, 2013.

1. genuineReplica

genuineReplica New Member

ive been using my trial version for awhile with few problems on my end. Tonight my computer was having some general networking issues, randomly going off and on line. this caused a few droped games, and then after the last one, no one was able to re-connect. i restarted d20pro thinking it might help, but after that i started getting the error message:

"Unable to connect.
    Caused by: Error locating d20Server.
    Caused by: String index out of range: -1"

i re-installed both d20pro and java, tried the last version of java 1.6, restarted my computer, etc.

it says both the servers are up.

2. erikkustrife

erikkustrife New Member

I am having this exact same problem im on a windows 64 bit os

3. mailpip

mailpip New Member

I am having the same problem as a new customer. I dl'd both the macos and win32 versions. Installation went fine, but when I try to create an account I get the same error message as above on both operating systems. Also, when I try use the "I forgot my password" function (thinking maybe I had registered sometime in the past and forgot), I get taken here:

http://www.mindgene.com/resetPassword_U ... ction.html

I have heard great things about d20Pro and would love to try it out.

Thanks for any help you can give.

4. genuineReplica

genuineReplica New Member

totaly worth the wait man, its a really great program and I cant wait to keep useing it! it really makes role playing easy, fun, and I can quickly react to crazy things that the characters do, or to sudden inspiration in a reasonable time frame, picking up pictures for monsters on the fly, creating goblins rended in two as items on the cave floor.... really adds to the experience. it has a bit of a learning curve, but its all worth the initial investment of time.

these links will really get you started once you're up and running, and were super helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=376 (bestiary)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=882&p=4292&hilit=mule#p4292 (additional items)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=764 (generic NPCs)

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

We briefly had a hiccup (march 5th), if you are still unable to connect please contact our email support so we can help fix the issue :)

contact @ d20pro . com

If you contact us via email the more information you provide the better we can help. Please provide: OS, Java, d20Pro version and if you are using 32bit or 64bit. Also a screenshot would help also. Thank you. :)

6. Stevensmalls

Stevensmalls New Member

Email sent regarding this error!

Unable to connect.
    Caused by: Error decrypting handshake response.
    Caused by: Handshake Request msg has expired. Handshake created at Apr 14, 2013 4:01:31 PM client time. The server's current time is: Apr 14, 2013 7:01:19 PM. Too much time has elapsed since the request was created. Please make sure your clock is set to the proper time.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The majority of times, this is caused when your computer's Date, Time Zone, and Time is set incorrectly. Even if the Time is correct, the Time Zone could be incorrect and your computer is sending a wrong time to our server. For a walkthrough, please visit
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=404#p1892
    or
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=404#p1892