1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Herolab imports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrillba, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

I am having some issues with the imports from hero labs.

1. My two blade ranger - he has 7 attacks - 4 with the katana and 3 with the glaive. Even though d20 shows the glaive is with his off hand it gives him 4 attacks instead of 3.
    2. There is a maralith demon - 4 arms. She has 4 masterwork longswords - so she gets 4 attacks - there is another attack action below her main attack that has 11 numbers on it - there is a difference of 8 on the damage between the first attack and this extra one.
    3. My mystic theurge only has up to level 2 on his sorcerer spells, but everything on his cleric spells.

These are all of my problems as of right now. Just wondering if these are known of if I am not doing something right with the export/import. We are about to transition to playing once a week instead of once a month, and totally use d20 instead of it just being the table top. I am just making sure I have all of my ducks in a row before we start.

2. ChrisRevocateur

Hero Lab never imports a character 100% correctly, and you're always gonna have to make some adjustments.

Ranger: d20Pro imports those offhand attacks as either getting iterative attacks or not, period. It doesn't know what level of two-weapon fighting you have. My suggestion is to just ignore the last glaive attack.

Maralith: Hero Lab may have imported multiple attack routines. If an attack has the same name, they get grouped together. Open the actual Character Sheet on the Maralith (select the character and press e), go to the attacks tab, and delete any extra attacks beyond the 4 you want her to have.

Mystic Theurge: Spell casting prestige classes are weird in d20Pro. They don't add caster levels or anything. You need to put the spellcasting base classes at the level of spellcasting granted by the prestige class. The only real downfall to this method is that you have to manually override the character's BAB (first tab of the character sheet, checkbox next to BAB), as it gets calculated using the full levels of all the classes.

3. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

I have deleted all of the attacks but the 4 masterwork longswords, there is still an attack with 12 numbers in it.

4. ChrisRevocateur

Longswords are weapons, and thus, with the multi-weapon fighting feat, at least the main hand gets iterative attacks. Are all 4 of the longsword attacks marked as having iterative attacks? That might be the problem.