1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

240 lights

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by mutant, Apr 30, 2018.

1. mutant

mutant Member

Having issues accessing d20pro for last couple days. I am able to log in, see the initial market place splash message, hit OK, and then it just spins with "Please wait" message. If it helps, I was logged into system, playing around with lights. Things started going crazy when I attempted to assign a 120/240 (for daylight) to all four characters. System froze, so I closed after waiting 10 minutes. probs started from there.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Mutant. Have you tried launching with a different campaign to see if this is specific to the mega-lights one? And, what version are you on!?

(fyi, this should probably be it's own thread :p)

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

topic split as requested :)

4. mutant

mutant Member

As always, thanks for prompt reply. I am able to switch to another campaign with no issues. Every time I switch back to my problem campaign, I still encounter the same "Please Wait" issue. Any suggestions? Campaign is called Brave New Apocalypse.

5. mutant

mutant Member

So... I was able to recover campaign. Moved all campaign files to a different location and did clean install of game. Created new campaign of same name and replaced the (four) files contained within the campaign name file. I erased all "daylight" 240 lights and all is good to go. This may have been overkill, but it worked.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

yeah. 240 lights is a lot to manage. WIth 3.7.3 released, I'll be putting some time and love into speeding up the broadcast tasks which currently goes thru each light player by player to figure out what they would see then broadcasts it to that player. To clean up the behaviors, what we need to be doing is letting the player calculate their own lights so the GM only has to manage the combined view for themselves and tracking token locations.

mrwinfree likes this.