1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.11.14 bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by KainPen, Apr 24, 2017.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

Few bugs in this version.

1. when using new network I often get error from the players computer on LAN (My WAN player did not get this error ). When trying to join the game I would get Alias already in use error. I would get the same error in 3.6.11.12, but in that version I could go into the chat window and see the alias and see it in yellow as not connected. Hit the X next to the name and then it would let the player computer login. I did not have this option in 3.6.11.14 the chat window box seemed skewed and cut off. I was able to get around it by closing the players computer d20pro instance and trying to rejoin. I think this lead to the next bug.

2. Same Alias owners listed several times in options for tokens. I am not entirely sure if it is caused by the above bug or by the fact for some reason my pc keep locking and turning off monitor. When left idol with this version. It would lock and then disconnect then reconnect when I unlocked windows. When my wan player joined I went to give him owner ship of his token. I noticed the LAN PC alias was listed like 6 times as option as owner.

3. Previous abilities from Pre 3.6.11.12 version character do not work from right clicking token and selecting them. Not sure if this due to new features system, but the abilities still worked if I went to character editor or players view option their character sheet and selected them that way. Not sure if this is caused due to new features libary systems being put in place. I did not have a lot of time play with those setting. We where forced bumping up 11.14, because for some reason my WAN player could get 11.12 to download properly and install. but 11.14 worked for him, so i updated, my version to 11.12

4. Skills from characters pre 3.6.11.12 not usable, even in character sheet view. again I am not sure if this has to due with feature library stuff, or the fact that I use custom skills, in my game. Also not sure if this is just 11.14 problem or 11.12 one. I did not get to really test 11.12. due to my WAN players problems.

I will add some screen shots of errors later. I was on a lunch break at work and wanted to get these written down before I forgot what they where.

2. Whirlingdervish

New campaign - I enter Attributes they will not save when i apply the changes everything else works but not the attributes

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I'll see if I can recreate some of these, and nudge T to look over this thread as well..

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

So, talking with the devs this morning. It sounds like most of this is resolved in 6.15 Beta and should be rolling out here shortly. Thank you for stressing the Beta and letting us know about these issues.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the reports. .15 fixes most of these issues:

@KainPen

1. pub-subscribe networking cleanup
    2. yup. was caused by the above bug.
    3. abilities got disabled on the menu and on the character sheets for the betas because we're working on converting those to traits, having both systems live was causing unexpected results -- we should have a conversion in place shortly to handle migrating abilities to traits with a defined feature.
    4. fixed. this was due to an index out of range error related to the 5e saving throw hack we put in a while back. removed the hack and fixed skills to be more dynamic in .15 and onward.

@Whirlingdervish

fixed in .15. This was related to the ability importer and boy was it unhappy after the last update (for handling legacy creatures)

6. Whirlingdervish

7. KainPen

KainPen Member

thanks looking forward to .15