1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.11.19 Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by KainPen, May 19, 2017.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

I mention running into a bug on 3.6.11.18 thread. That the creatures from previous version are not editable I manged to figure out what the actual cause is and what creatures, the bug is limited too. All creatures that had have adamantine DR (I am not sure why this one can't be changed), Alignment Based DR and Magic DR also, but those are no longer options in the newer version. Which would explain it.

I took one of my creatures that had DR magic and another that had alignment from older version removed the dr. I then ported them over to 3.6.11.19 and they can now be edited. To test the admantine (since all my creatures with that dr are locked from kick-starter monster content) I removed the Dr in the old version, then upgraded it to 3.6.11.19. those creatures where editable after the fact.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I got this on a conversion from .11 when trying to edit a token.

[21 May 2017 16:11:03,529] ERROR MergeableData | Failed to build view for: MergeableDR
    java.lang.ClassCastException: com.mindgene.d20.common.creature.attack.CreatureAttackQuality_Thunder cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.creature.CreatureDamageReduction.formatDR(CreatureDamageReduction.java:183)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.creature.merge.data.MergeableDR.formatData(MergeableDR.java:13)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.creature.merge.data.MergeableDR.formatData(MergeableDR.java:6)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.creature.merge.data.MergeableLabel.updateContent(MergeableLabel.java:45)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.creature.merge.data.MergeableData.updateContentWithPeek(MergeableData.java:108)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.creature.merge.data.MergeableData.buildContent(MergeableData.java:93)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.creature.merge.data.MergeableData.buildForCreature(MergeableData.java:203)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.console.creature.CreatureTab_Stats.refresh(CreatureTab_Stats.java:120)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.console.creature.Console_CreatureTemplate.assignCreature(Console_CreatureTemplate.java:380)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.console.creature.Console_CreatureTemplate.buildContent_Initial(Console_CreatureTemplate.java:150)
    at com.sengent.jadvanced.mvc.AbstractMVC.buildView(Unknown Source)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.console.creature.CreatureConsoleGump$ConsolePanel.<init>(CreatureConsoleGump.java:185)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.console.creature.CreatureConsoleGump$ConsolePanel.<init>(CreatureConsoleGump.java:131)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.console.creature.CreatureConsoleGump.buildGumpContent(CreatureConsoleGump.java:112)
    at com.mindgene.lf.gump.AbstractTabletopGump.accessGumpContent(AbstractTabletopGump.java:38)
    at com.mindgene.lf.gump.TabletopGumpFrame.<init>(TabletopGumpFrame.java:55)
    at com.mindgene.lf.gump.AbstractTabletopGump.accessFrame(AbstractTabletopGump.java:62)
    at com.mindgene.lf.gump.TabletopAndGumpView.demandGump(TabletopAndGumpView.java:258)
    at com.mindgene.lf.gump.TabletopAndGumpView.demandGump(TabletopAndGumpView.java:154)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.AbstractApp.demandCreatureConsole(AbstractApp.java:1266)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.map.instrument.MapInstrument_Default.leftPressedLogic(MapInstrument_Default.java:166)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.map.instrument.MapInstrument_Default.leftPressed(MapInstrument_Default.java:121)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.map.GenericMapConsoleView$MapMouseSignalBroker.leftPressed(GenericMapConsoleView.java:169)
    at com.sengent.jadvanced.event.EliteMouseAdapter.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:280)
    at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:279)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6530)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6298)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2236)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4522)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:90)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.AbstractApp$CustomEventQueue.dispatchEvent(AbstractApp.java:782)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
    [21 May 2017 16:11:22,381] ERROR KeyTriggerAction | Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    [21 May 2017 16:11:25,263] ERROR KeyTriggerAction | Unexpected exception
    [21 May 2017 16:11:39,610] ERROR AbstractApp | Unexpected exception in dispatchKeyEvent()
    [21 May 2017 16:11:40,180] ERROR AbstractApp | Unexpected exception in dispatchKeyEvent()
    [21 May 2017 16:11:40,379] ERROR AbstractApp | Unexpected exception in dispatchKeyEvent()

3. KainPen

KainPen Member

I also noted during my game Saturday that, creature that are currently in the state of this bug. can't take damage from the normal attack. area effect and spell system will still damage them. Also manual doing damage still works.

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Possible quick fix is to 'Clone' the token, which fixed it for me, then I just deleted the original off the map.

5. KainPen

KainPen Member

yeah i tried that did not work for me. only fix i found was to go into older version of d20pro and removed DR from creature. then port it to new version.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

We're working on a cleaner which will help for the beta as well as for future revisions.

Basically, the plan is to take advantage of the active effects "Clear All" function to apply a state reset on things like ER/DR and any Legacy Abilities and/or Features which might be in an odd state. The core reason for this is that we're seeing a fair (and welcome) amount of live beta usage. Rather than just say, "Well, it's beta." and call it done, we'd much rather provide a solid way for beta users to stay active with the beta!

Okay, now onto the actual bug (investigating and what not now!)

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yeah, I say that from time to time I admit, it's more in redress to comments of 'This isn't perfect and it ruined my game session.'

anyhoot, here is a map with two tokens (lower left corner that had the issue when going from .11 <-> .19.

Attached Files:

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

@owlbear is correct as always. Please post game.log files, screenshots, exported maps and/or token if at all possible. So the dev team can more quickly help with what you are seeing, and squish bugs.. it will be very helpful to us.

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

@Krilion_GD my comment was not targeted at you specifically or even generally. Riding the bleeding edge does include risk. To play in the beta space, one must assume a certain amount of responsibility for said risk. In any event, we're doing what we can as fast as we can. Creature model changes can get messy because they are so integral to the system. This is the core reason we try to make as few of them as possible and built out the supporting Rules API.

Please do post sample creature files for bug review however, as these are far more useful than just the info itself. I can analyze logs, pick over file structures and all the rest when we have a verified source file in hand!

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Right on... :)

11. Gekko

Gekko New Member

Duration bug:
    • Effects don't end when time is adjusted greater than 1 round through "change time"-window.
    • No hint in game log when effect ends through roster.

12. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Wall clipping issue.

Normal view
    nonclippy.png

Barely clipping wall view
    clippy.png

13. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

14. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

@Krilion_GD can you post that map?

For the duration issue, fixed in .20.

/newround was getting skipped for efffect advancement if there was no trigger attached -- on caster, on target, etc.

As to effects on a creature directly, we're currently storing map and multitarget effects in the Active Effects panel (from the main menu).
    On-Equip effects are visible on the creatures effects tab from the mini view (double click on the creature)

working on a more elegant solution to this still

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yuppers :)

Attached Files: