1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.1.10 Saving Campaign on Exit - Pathfinder

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by vanith, Sep 11, 2017.

1. vanith

vanith Member

The last three weeks I have been dealing with my campaign data not saving when exiting the game. It will revert back to 3 to 4 hours ago when I started combat. I finished combat and they were moving around when I closed the DM client without saving.

I did talk to you a while ago about it and you said it creeps back in with versions, but I'm reporting it happened again last night.

[10 Sep 2017 19:54:18,651] WARN SubscribeMessageWorker | take message interrupted
    java.lang.InterruptedException
    at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2014)
    at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2048)
    at java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.take(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:442)
    at com.pubnub.api.workers.SubscribeMessageWorker.takeMessage(SubscribeMessageWorker.java:51)
    at com.pubnub.api.workers.SubscribeMessageWorker.run(SubscribeMessageWorker.java:42)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    [10 Sep 2017 19:54:22,462] ERROR GameModel | Failed to encode GameModel
    com.sengent.common.exception.XMLException: Invalid final field com.mindgene.d20.common.game.PublicEffectInPlay._roundsRemaining
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.util.XML.toXML(XML.java:119)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.util.XML.toXML(XML.java:101)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.util.XML.toXML(XML.java:228)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.util.XML.toXML(XML.java:133)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.util.XMLUtil.encode(XMLUtil.java:23)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.game.GameModel.saveGame(GameModel.java:1511)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.DM.shutdown_SaveGame(DM.java:927)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.DM.shutdown(DM.java:887)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.AbstractApp.attemptExit(AbstractApp.java:2321)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.AbstractAppFrame$1.windowClosing(AbstractAppFrame.java:40)

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I've added this to the Trello board.

Elrand likes this.
  3. vanith

vanith Member

what you are trying to do exactly? Exit the game and have it save
    what the result was and/or what steps you took? If I don't save, it falls back when I initiate a save
    Is the issue repeatable? Yes, if I never issue a save, it works fine. I manually save and it doesn't save after that point
    what OS you are using? Windows 10
    what rules system are you using? Pathfinder
    what version of the software are you using? 3.7.1.10

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Thank you for the extra details, very helpful.