1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.1.x: Mac OS X Sierra installation difficulties

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Gnorr, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Gnorr

Gnorr New Member

After downloading and unzipping, I get an ``Application is damaged'' error when trying to open D20Pro.app, with an offer to move the file to Trash.

I understand this might be related to the Gatekeeper security mechanism, and that one solution might be to disable Gatekeeper system-wide. However, I am obviously reluctant to kill such a generally useful security mechanism.

As older versions of D20 Pro (e.g., 3.5.8) continue working flawlessly under Sierra with Gatekeeper active, I wonder whether there is a better solution available for the current version as well?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

3. Gnorr

Gnorr New Member

Many thanks for the quick reply and the useful pointer! I had only found the old posts recommending to disable Gatekeeper entirely.