1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.7.2 Hero Lab Importer - Still a lot of problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by firebringer, Dec 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. firebringer

firebringer Member

Ok,

Attached are screenshots of the General tab and the Attack tab, with preview, after importing a .por from HL using d20Pro vers 3.7.2. The screenshots include HL in the background showing what the correct values should have been after import.

This was done on 64 bit Windows 7.

1. The creature image didn't import.
    2. The creature's AC is off by 4 (should have been 22, not 18).
    3. The saving throws are off (should have been +11/+11/+8, not +13/+11/+6).
    4. The attacks and damage are off (should have been x7 attacks at +13 to-hit, 1d8+7 dmg, not x7 attacks at +18 to-hit, 1d8+14 dmg).
    5. I believe it is still re-applying size modifiers to attack rolls, even though HL has already applied them in the .por...but I can't verify this due to the already wonky attack numbers.
    6. Still no fast healing, DR (damage resistance), energy resistances being imported.
    7. I didn't re-verify, but I suspect weapon finesse isn't changing the applied ability for an attack to dexterity upon import.

Basically, it seems like the HL importer is moving in the wrong direction with this release...it really needs some TLC, and some testing against imported .pors to make sure the numbers match, especially for non-medium sized creatures, and creatures that use dexterity for their attack rolls.

Here's hoping it gets some attention soon... Attack Tab After Import.jpg General Tab After Import.jpg

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

per Owlbears comments on this via facebook group.

upload_2017-12-28_10-52-43.png

I'll pass along your bug reports to the trello board. Thank you for letting us know.