1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

4e Campaign in my world of Iviss - LFM

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Stilvor, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Stilvor

Stilvor New Member

Looking for more players!
    Hello everyone, I am starting a weekly 4e campaign on Thursday nights at 7pm, central standard time(we could move the day/time if needed). It is set in the World of Iviss, a fantasy realm that I have created. I am in need of more players, right now, all group roles are open. The starting level is 2. I would prefer that you make the character in wotc's character creator and e-mail it to me. The campaign will be role-play heavy, so if you just want to fight and level up, this is the wrong campaign for you. Don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of combat, but role-play is essential.
    If you wish to join please post your basic character idea here and send me an email of the .dnd4e file(documents/ddi/Saved Characters) from character creator. Stats wise, you can go to -16points on those(just the way I do it). All races and classes from the character creator are welcome. If you don't have the creator, you are still welcome to join. I will just have to work with you a little more before hand. Alignment will be based off the first few people who submit character ideas. You will be starting on the largest continent on Iviss, known as Krege.

Basic History of Iviss

The world was created by the Dragons of Olde(Dragons 4-5x larger than any dragon currently on Iviss). After centuries of the war, fought by these dragons. The crust was destroyed and any sign of life was snuffed out. Sometime after the war, the Dragons of Olde left Iviss. To this day, it is unknown where they went or what happened to them.
    Deep underground, long after the Dragons left, life started. The first races of the planet began in the Underdark and some individuals of these races, grew to immense power. The most powerful of the beings are thought to of turned into the Gods, that are known today. Legends claim that the Gods first drew power from Relics and devices, left by the Dragons of Olde. From there, they learned to channel energy from around them. The time known as Asce'Tevan(awkening or ascension), is the point where they crossed over into higher beings. The legend states the core of the planet is actually a massive Dragon egg of immense power. The Dragon inside is called Aven'Zreil, though she carries many more names in present time. The devices discovered allowed the users to communicate with Aven'Zreil. She picked the most powerful and worthy beings and bestowed Divine rights to them during the Asce'Tevan.
    Portilo and Cape began as lovers and could not stand the constraints of the Underdark. They are said to be the first of the Gods, to set out for the surface and forge the world. Portilo Healed the surface and Cape brought plant life and storms. Soon the other Gods followed and bestowed a piece of themselves upon Iviss. Many races started over the next two thousand years. The first surface races were the Elves and the Dwarfs, which is fitting, because the first races of the Underdark were Drow and Deep Dwarfs.

New Race(not playable)
    Reval'Le - One of the newest races of the planet and very rare. They are thought to be ethereal beings, invisible to the human eye. The only way they are seen, is by the thousand of insects that cover the surface of their body and float around them. The older the Reval'Le get, the more insects amass upon them, making them bigger and more powerful. After the insects have followed the Reval'Le for a period of time, they almost become immortal. The skeletons of the insects becomes stronger than steel, making them very hard to flatten. The insects no longer age and live until the Reval'Le dies. The Reval'Le die if all the insects are killed that amass upon them.

-Stilvor (Nulvision@yahoo.com)

Btw- please don't mind my spelling or grammar errors:) I am not an English major. I am more worried about content than grammar.

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Are you using some kind of voice chat client or just the ingame chat functions?

3. Loketta

Loketta New Member

I would love to join in this game world but im coming up against a the age old problem, I live in the UK and CST is GMT + 6... so your 7pm is my 1am :(

I wonder if many people from the UK even know d20 pro exists.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

Try getting the word out at conventions over in the UK, or at local game stores. We do not have the budget to fly overseas at this time, but that does not stop our users from letting others know. Then you may be able to get some more player at time Zulu!

5. Loketta

Loketta New Member

I live in sunderland, its like a black hole for RPing, theres nothing for miles around and im not much of a convention goer. Hence my interest in D20 pro :p

6. Stilvor

Stilvor New Member

Well, Loketta, we could bump it up to the afternoon Central Standard Time, possibly around 2pm(9pm your time). Right now, its just me and 1 player and we both have flexable times on Wednesday and Thursday. Since you are the only one interested so far, I would not mind playing in the afternoon. If you are, post a character idea:)

I have a vent server for voice chat. All RP is done over typing, but everything else we talk about.

-Stilvor

7. Loketta

Loketta New Member

Im more than willing to give it a shot :)

Im fairly new to the whole D&D scene but I would probably end up playing as my Goliath Great Weapon Fighter. Ill send you a message later with my character sheet.

8. Stilvor

Stilvor New Member

I was really hoping to get a game going. I would love to purchase the software, but if I can't get any use out of it, I am not sure. If anyone else is interested in a 4e game, post your character idea and the time you would like to play.

-Stilvor

9. cstyln

cstyln New Member

I'm new and learning d20 pro, I'd like to try it out. If you don't mind a new raw player I'll send you a file. I have been playing 4e on pen paper for about 2 years now. Let me know. Thanks.

10. Stilvor

Stilvor New Member

Go ahead and send me your character, we are introducing characters this Thursday and going over basic rules and how to use the system.

-Stilvor

Update-- We have not started yet and have room for one more character this campaign. A few players had issues and we delayed it to this Thursday. They could use another striker, but anything will do.

11. cstyln

cstyln New Member

I sent you a pm.