1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

4e dice roll

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Jaiven, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Jaiven

Jaiven New Member

Hey, so is there a way for players to see their dice roll when they select an attack? So far it seems that only I the GM can see it and our group really loves seeing their dice roll for attacks. I know I could just have them roll a dice for the game log and let them know if it hits but that is rather slow.

2. Jaiven

Jaiven New Member

Also, why does it have an attack roll and then a separate dice roll for confirmation after for the judge when someone attacks?

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

They will see their dice roll when you approve the attack. It is logged in the Game Log.

This is to see if the player scores a critical hit against the opponent, all in one action to make game play faster and apply the correct damage to the opponent.

4. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Remember that 4e doesn't use confirmations of crits. All crits are on 20s and do max damage and don't need confirmed. Ignore the second dice roll that is made by the program, and use the appropriate hit button to say the attack struck.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I just read the 4e PHB today and this isn't exactly correct.. a 20 is an automatic hit but is not always a critical, if the roll hits the AC it is then classed as a critical.
    say the target AC is 26.. you roll a 20, + your mods of +4 = 24 total, it is not a critical, just a regular hit..