1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

4e Game Looking For Players

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Teh Bagder, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I'm in the process of setting up a weekly 4e game that will run on Mondays from 9:30pm-midnight EST, and I'm looking for players who can commit to playing during this time slot every week. Family, work and school commitments mean that this is the most viable time slot for me to run.

I've got two confirmed players right now, and some other potentials who haven't confirmed yet. I'm looking for up to 6 players, but will run with a minimum of 4, with each role being covered. I'm going to start off running a published adventure to allow the group to gel, and then we'll take it from there. The world is going to be a standard 4e setting (non-FR, non-Eberron), although everything that is in the Character Builder is fair game. We'll be using Ventrillo for voice chat.

If you're interested, drop me a PM.

I may also be running an Eberron game at a different day/time slot depending upon how things go, most likely every other Friday.

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I would be interested in playing although I have never played 4e at all and have none of the books.

3. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

That's not a problem. It's actually surprisingly easy to learn, even if you've played 3.5, and I'll have some pregens made with the Character Builder. Wizards also provides the Quickstart rules for free. The biggest things that throw most people is a reduced core skill list (which I find much more flexible) and combat damage, powers and healing. There are some really neat mechanics in play now.

Drop me a PM with your email address so I can add you to the Google Wave I've got going for this.

4. DashDown

DashDown New Member

Hey, I'd be interested in this. I have never actually used d20 pro before, I have just found it. But I am pretty experienced with 4E, I currently play a game every thursday with some friends.
    Though you should know that I'm from England so I think 09:30pm for you is about 04:30pm for me, which shouldnt be a problem for me.
    Let me know if you still have some spaces and what roles need filling!

5. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Dash,

I just filled the 6th seat for that game. However, I'm most likely going to be doing an Eberron 4e game every other Friday starting in a few weeks that will start about the same time of 9:30pm EST and run a little later than midnight. I'll be posting details on that soon.

(Also, I'm an ex-pat from Scotland, so I know all about that time difference.)

6. Shamus

Shamus New Member

Are you still looking for players? I might be interested in joining.

7. DashDown

DashDown New Member

ah bad timing! I'll keep a look out for your next game then. Thanks for the reply :)

8. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I'm full up for this game, but the next one will have slots open. I'm wanting to make sure the setup works fine with this first game before I run a second one.

9. vardeman

vardeman New Member

Actually 9:30 PM Eastern Time is 2:30 AM in England.

V

10. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Depending upon what time of year it is. The two DSTs sometimes get out of what with each other, which makes things...interesting ;)

11. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

We had our first session on Monday night and apart from a couple of technical glitches it went really well. We ended up using Skype instead of Ventrilo just for ease of use. A good time was had by all, and Miracle Max died after taking 1000pts of damage from a Goblin minion [in-game joke].

I've also started posting session overviews to a blog, so others can check it out. I didn't want to clutter up the forums here with these.

However, I think I'll be going ahead with a second game. I just need to work out the best time to fit it into my schedule.

12. littleCERBERUS

littleCERBERUS New Member

have you found all the players for your second game? i am looking for some people to play with. i have only played D&D a couple times, and dont know a whole lot, except that i really enjoyed it. i have access to most of the books, and have never used d20pro before. just fyi.

13. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

I've had a few people interested, but haven't decided to start the second one yet. I need to wait to see how things go in the next few weeks with the coming school quarter. I'm a full-time student at university and also work part-time at a local college in the testing center. We're expecting record-breaking enrollment for this coming quarter and have had some staff changes. All that needs to settle down before I can commit to time to run another game on top of what I'm already running. I'll post here when I'm ready to go.

14. Lalinnee

Lalinnee New Member

Hey there, I was wondering if you where looking for another player to put in your campain of D&D.I got Full Payd Subscription.

15. Crzydrew

Crzydrew New Member

I'd be interested in joining an eberron game or whatever theme your 2nd game of 4th ed is. Please send pm.