1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

A giant red questionmark for an imported map.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Golkiwu, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I had a collegue send me a new map for our tournament and upon import, all it shows is a giant red questionmark on a black background.

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That's a missing image asset. Like if the asset was physically moved.

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Odd, as it was a map exported from D20 3.7.1, and imported to the same.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The art for is not where it physically should have been. That ? is a place holder graphic for a 404 file not found (essentially).

that could aslo, be UAC issue on your system, in other words the application is being denied access privledges to the directory structure where the image is stored.

which is why we generally tell people on Windows machine to install off the root [C:\] and not in '/program files/' as well as in turn run the application with full Admin rights.

#4 Wesley Gorby, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

It has not been an issue before, and I never install in the default. I am curious if the person who built and exported the map followed that protocol. I will ask. As far as the UAC, I will see if I can replicate on a PC that I know has that turned off.

Thanks