1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

A judge server was not fount at...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ionstorm20, Dec 17, 2016.

1. ionstorm20

ionstorm20 New Member

So I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm planning on running a game tomorrow for the first time using d20 pro on these new PC's. However while I can get 2 computers running, the 3rd computer keeps telling me A judge server was not found at the IP address. I have port forwarding set up, and I know it's running because I'm looking at it on another PC right now. Since 2 of the computers are connected to the network via the wireless, and this one is plugged directly into the router, I thought It might be requiring a connection to the public IP, but that doesn't work either. And yes, the license I have allows for that many PCs.

Please advise what I can do to rectify this problem (even better if this can be fixed before tomorrow)!

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi @iownstorm20 -- sorry I didn't see this till today. There's a few things you might be able to do depending on the router. You're first instinct was right here, the wired and wireless networks are usually separated from each other. If it's not possible to connect the systems over the same network fiber, you'll need to see if the router has a bridge option to allow wireless clients to be treated as part of the hardwired lan. This is a pretty common property in modern routers but is very, very different depending on the vendor.

Hopefully you were able to get resolution before your game session!!

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yeah, if you can look on the back of the router/modem and tell us your make/model, I can look it up for you.

4. ionstorm20

ionstorm20 New Member

The modem is an arris TG1672G - I just had the same problem pop up today when I had an alternate friend try and connect over the internet.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member