1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

A question on multiple maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by niteflier, Sep 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. niteflier

niteflier New Member

Hello all! I backed the kickstarter way back when, but haven't GM'd until now. I'm starting up a new campaign and I think I've got everything down: maps, creatures, FOW, ect. However, there is one thing that is bugging me. From what I can tell, a player cannot change the map that they are on, correct? The only way to do so is for the GM to broadcast the current map and update? I used to use maptools, which allowed a player to change maps independently of the GM, and the GM set maps to visible/invisible to keep them away from where they shouldn't be.

Is this functionality in d20PRO? This is definitely not a dealbreaker, but it would be nice to have.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

The players can only see what the GM broadcasts. The GM has to change the map for the player. Might be an interesting feature to suggest in the Feature Requests section.