1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Adding attacks to items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haligon, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Haligon

Haligon New Member

One of the capabilities I've seen discussed is to have attacks added to a character when they pick up an item. If this available yet? The parts seem to be there, but I can't get them to work. Here is my example (trying to create a dagger that adds a slashing attack when equipped):

The flow from the Dagger Slash feature:
    upload_2017-9-6_7-53-17.png
    (not sure why 'Attack damage' is blank, so I added it as an Effect)

I created a Template with the Dagger Slash Feature:
    upload_2017-9-6_7-56-18.png

Then I added the Template to the item.
    upload_2017-9-6_7-58-55.png

I'd expect an attack to be added to a creature when I add the Dagger to them and then Equip it. Am I entirely off base? I realize this sort of stuff will eventually be documented, or available for purchase, but I'll admit to being impatient :).

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The effect options you have there, need to be cleared. The place those options under the Creature Attack. Also, the Template, needs to be OnEquip, rather than your custom Dagger.

upload_2017-9-6_15-20-25.png