1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Light Sources to Library Creatures

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Bloodwolf, May 29, 2016.

1. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Basically I think it would be a good idea to be able to add light sources to the library creature as we create them. So basically we can have add things like darkvision to the library creature so that when we pull them out to put on the map their darkvision is automatically there and tethered to them so that we don't have to do it. Granted it should also be able to be edited afterwards if wanted.

2. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Another thought that kind of goes along with this is it would be great to be able to create a "light library" so that once we get a light down and looking like we want it to we can keep it in a library to use in future maps. A couple examples would be once I have my torch light or candle light looking like I want them to I want to be able to permanently save the settings so that in later maps I can just click and drag or double click or something to add them to the new map. Right now, if I'm correct, we can create and duplicate the light in a map but when we go to another map we have to do it all over again.

And if this is already a feature I apologize and would love for someone to point it out to me. :D

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That's a pretty interesting idea, thank you for the suggestion...

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I second that.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll build that. But while we wait for it, you can create an empty map and toss lights in various configurations onto it. then when you need some lights just tether them and move'em to the map you want.

Just so you know, the Light Library work has already been stubbed out. In your Manually Specified folder you'll see a lights.txt file. this will be the home of presets which you can add in the near future. We're on a time budget for our Rules work as we have a contractor helping. So I've had to shelf this for now, but it shouldn't take long once I'm able to get back to it.

Bloodwolf likes this.