1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Alot of Problems For me a...noob

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bullethood, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

Ok...To start I have the 30 day trail..Planing on buying the whole ball of wax. I installed it....Problem..I have Java 1.7. How do I get rid of it and install 1.6. Second Problem....Windows 7 64 bit..........I downloaded Pathfinder game set ...done I can see it. I down loaded all the Rappan campaign stuff. I cannot for some reason import the rules. I import..... it says it is successful. It prompts me to restart. But when I restart as a Judge it says 3.5 OGL. I dont see PF. When I go to options it doesnt give me Pathfinder rule set either 3.5 is there. When I import any of the rappan stuff I get errors. Can you guys help. I want to use this for my rappan game. I was a kickstarter. Most of my guys that I will be playing with are 100 miles or more away. Can you set me on the Path of truth.

2. Entola

Entola Member

3. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

Ok I uninstalled Java 7 I have java 6. I uninstalled D20 reinstalled. Downloaded PF rules and all Rappan Modules. Import PF rules. Restart d20 and still do not get the option to use PF rules.Still says 3.5 OGl. This is starting to piss me off now. Ive heard so good thing s about this program.Can nobody weigh in to help please. Im very frustrated now and about to give up.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Bullethood,

First off, thank you for your support for d20Pro and your support for the Frog God Games module. I'm sure after you get to know d20Pro you'll like it as much as we do! If you have any questions we will be happy to provide guidance.

The answer to your question is quite easy. You currently have Pathfinder ruleset downloaded and installed on your d20Pro campaign labeled "3.5 OGL" This is only a label, and has no impact on what ruleset is being applied.

What happened is: You started up using the "3.5 OGL" campaign name, then downloaded and installed the Pathfinder ruleset (this overrides the 3.5 OGL ruleset that was originally installed). This process does not create a new campaign folder, it simply replaces the existing ruleset. You can verify by opening up any creature and goto Skills Tab, show all, then you will notice all skills displayed are the Pathfinder version (Perception PFRPG vs Spot/Listen in 3.5 OGL).

If you would like to update the label used for your campaign, you can simply open the d20Pro directory on your computer:
    d20Pro/judge/campaigns/

Then rename D&D 3.5 OGL to Pathfinder or whatever you would like to name it.

In the future we will include the rulesets for different gaming systems with the basic install (currently, the D&D 3.5 OGL ruleset is only one), then you can download extra content on the marketplace.

5. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

Edward thank youfor your reply. The other thing is when I try to import my Rappan Modules I get errors as well. Maps wont upload monters wont.....but the handouts go thru whats up with that??? Am I doing something wrong? This seems alot harder than it should be......

6. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

How do I populate with Rappan with maps?
    Im sorry but this seems I liitle too much work for little gain.I almost need a tutor.....

7. Entola

Entola Member

I wish I could help but my players are currently running through the Carrion Crown AP and I haven't had a chance to purchase the Frog God Games APs. When you purchase them does it give you a download file or does it just add it to your downloaded items which you click "Import" after it has been downloaded?

Please don't give up, the system is really amazing and I would hate to see you get soured on it because of this bad experience before you've even gotten to use it.

8. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

The modules are inthe the downloads loads. I try to import them and all I get is errors except for the Handouts. Again am I doing something wrong?

9. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Getting errors when importing the downloaded items is usually an issue with Windows User Access Control (UAC). Please start d20Pro as Admin (right-click > Run as Administrator), or update the preferences to always run as Admin. Then try importing the files again.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc709691(v=ws.10).aspx#BKMK_S2

After you are able to import those downloaded files, you can view them in the Library.

10. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

Curtis, I have done what you asked. I running the application as admin and still the errors. What up?

11. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

Every time fail to import creature.....90 times...Frustration is taking over...Ill wait for you reply ..Ok thanks again for all your help Curtis.

12. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

How much memory have you allocated to d20Pro/Java? Perhaps by allocating more memory it could fix the issue.

Try deleting downloaded products, re-download, then import again. It could have been a download/save error caused by UAC.

If none of these work, please contact me on Skype, my username is identical "edwardcd" and we can go over some more options real-time.

13. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Windows UAC is hideous!! disable it completely and you will be a much happier PC user!

14. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Word!

15. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Or just install it outside of the default directory.
    c:\D20PRO\

No issues.

16. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

Ok...I UNINSTALLED JAVA AGAIN ....did clean disk. I uninstalled D20pro. I reinstalled JAVA 6 update 38 both 64 and 32. When I reinstalled d20 RUNS IN ADMIN ALL THE TIME I EVEN PUT IT IN ITS OWN DIRECTORY. I maxed memory usage. I downloade pathfinder rules. Imported / deleted after import. Restarted d20 down loaded the Wilderness module for Rappan. I tried again to import the fucking files and creature and map fails again but attachments go through with no issues. I going to start calling people names soon.....LOL

17. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh! I think I know what the problem is...

You are probably running v3.2:
    You need to have the most recent version of d20Pro (currently beta version) to import those modules correctly - since they have enhanced Fog of War and other features only found in the newer version (version requirements of d20Pro are listed in each module on d20Pro's Marketplace).

Please obtain v3.2.912: visit this post for download links

18. Bullethood

Bullethood New Member

The Fox is in the Hen House!!! Whoa that was close. Thanks Curtis