1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Animated token sources?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lonewolf147, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

Owlbear is there any discussions about making GIF animations more easily accessible and to have the ability to build a library of those animations with preview images?

2. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

This conversation is happening on at least three different threads but I'll add my input to this one too just in case.
    Basically I'm going to say what I think many are thinking "you know that tool roll20 has for effects, why don't we have something like that?"

3. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

@cyderak Your idea is better I'd actually like more than just an effects tool, more robust animation support and the things you suggested would give us more options than an effects tool.

4. cyderak

cyderak Member

@Blind2karma - Especially when I have a butt-ton of old Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate 2, and Icewind Dale GIF animations ready to rock.

Blind2karma likes this.
  5. cyderak

cyderak Member

@owlbear - Is there anything coming down the pipes that would make using GIF animations easier?

6. cyderak

cyderak Member

Is there any support for ease of use with GIF animations?

7. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Not sure what you mean by easier. The system allows for use of them now. If you mean in regards to older .gif files, you'd probably want to convert them to animated .png files. and I would suggest dropping them into the /res/ folder by hand rather than trying to Import them, which I do not think works off the top of my head.