1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Any native runnable maps?

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by unsaved, Jul 9, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

I apologize if it's here somewhere and I haven't found it, but I promise that I have looked. I have followed links to contributor sites and such but nothing like this yet...

I see that lots of generous people have uploaded great map images, and lots of people have done partial ports of commercial modules, but I haven't seen any original d20Pro format maps with traps and notes and monsters and such. I'm writing the question generally because I think other d20Pro noobs besides myself will also be interested in this, but I personally am interested in Pathfinder-compatible (populated) maps. I definitely would not expect to get any elaborate campaign for free, and I don't even think it would make sense to invest in authoring an elaborate Pathfinder map until the spell system is refactored to work smoother with Pathfinder... but surely some of the d20pro veterans out there have backups of some simple game maps they've run before and which are now just taking up space on their hard disk.

If there are playable, populated, native d20Pro maps here, maybe a moderator could pin them and somehow tag them as "Playable Map" or similar? As I said, I apologize if they're already in front of me.

Related thought: Would it not be an incentive to prospective d20pro customers if the d20Pro team provided a sample ready-to-run starter campaign for each of the main rule sets? People could run a sample but non-trivial game and appreciate the value of the game before requiring them to spend many hours populating their first map, figuring out appropriate risks vs. rewards and such.

POSTNOTE: Assuming there isn't already one here somewhere, when I get to the point where I can build a non-trivial campaign map that I wouldn't be embarrassed to share, I'll post it on one of my sites and post a link here.

2. tintagel

tintagel Member

Unsaved,

I have a lot of maps that I did for my Rise of the Runelords campaign, but it was a 4th Edition conversion. Check out my conversions page for Burnt Offerings, including lots of .d20 map files (old format but should work).

http://4e.educatedgamer.net/Home/rotr/burnt-offerings

for best results, import them into a fresh install so they don't clutter your stuff.

Also, you can browse the d20pro Marketplace in the software itself and download a complete module: The Kobolds' Revenge!

Finally, check out some of these modules including:
    Pathfinder PFS: (from years back)

4E Modules: 2 are my own and the 3rd is an ancient classic revamped to 4E

3. unsaved

unsaved Member

Thanks very much, Tint.

That should be useful to other people, but for several reasons my group will not be playing 4th Ed.

I wonder if Kobold's Revenge is for Pathfinder rules? I will look into as soon a I have time.

Since there are recent announcements of effects management re-design, I wonder if traps or spell behaviors programmed into old modules are going to work with the current d20Pro GA release. (If they don't have effects programmed, I wouldn't consider that a complete runnable map.) Of course, if I have to re-code the effects or do all effects programming from scratch, having everything else already laid out would still be a huge head start and I'd be happy for that.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I used some of Tintagel's maps for my Pathfinder version of Rise of Runeloards campaign, only had to modify some of the creatures slightly to make them PFRPG compatible. An easy enough conversion. Those maps are awesome!

The Marketplace map for Kobold's Revenge is set for a D&D 3.X style adventure.

If you are looking for more PFS style maps, ones where it includes creatures and maps full with easy to use Ability style spells, you can take a look at the PFS games I have run. Note: most are in FoW 3.0 format (so some FoW fine tuning will be in order). Also note: since I use maps and images that are Intellectual Property of Paizo I need to verify you own the scenario before I can give a copy to you.
    http://dm-curtis.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=calendarviewall

5. unsaved

unsaved Member

Looks like that page is just for signing up for events. How would I obtain your d20Pro compaigns, do you have the d20Pro campaigns for all of those (I wouldn't have time to use more than a couple this year), and how do I get ownership veification to you? Is that page just for showing what is available and I should take up these particulars in a PM to you or something?

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, the calendar is a listing of which scenarios I have in my library. If any one on the list interests you simply send me a copy (screenshot) of your issued PDF's second page with paizo's personalized info, and I'll email you a copy of what I have in d20Pro for that scenario.