1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

AoE Attacks & Effects

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Fenelthin, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Fenelthin

Fenelthin New Member

My group recently purchased licenses for d20 Pro at GenCon and have been settling in running our 4e campaign nicely. We've gotten to the point that the judge can give the players control of their characters and make the game flow superbly. However, I'm still sifting through the program's capabilities and have one glaring question I cannot seem to find the answer for, though I bet its out there staring me in the face.

How do you set up area attacks? Case and point: my sorcerer uses Blazing Starfall a lot. I created my character in Hero Lab and the exported/imported into D20 Pro so the attacks are already generated and look perfect. But I don't know how to apply area attacks on them or if I can.

I know I can just make the checks in the game and then have the DM apply the damage over the targets, but it'd be easier if I could make the attack and have it automatically target everything in its range template.