1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Armor Mods not included on HeroLab import

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolitonMan, Nov 28, 2011.

1. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Hi, I've been creating Pathfinder characters in Hero Lab and equipping them. When I export the characters to d20Pro format then import them into my PFRPG campaign, they will have 0s for their armor bonuses. They will show any chosen armor in their list of equipment, but the bonuses are not applied. Is this by design or is it an import/export error? I'll be posting this over on the Hero Lab boards as well. Thanks in advance for any help or information.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Your armor bonus should be being set.

Please attach your .por file and your .hl20pro file as well so I can investigate.

Thank you

3. ChrisRevocateur

This sound ridiculous, but it happened to me when I first started importing characters with Hero Lab.

Before exporting to the .hld20pro format, do you have the "equipped" checkbox next to the armor checked?

4. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Actually I did NOT have the equipped checkbox checked! I didn't even notice it, someone on the Hero Lab boards mentioned the same thing. I'll try the export/import again when I have a moment, but I'm feeling confident that this was the problem... :oops:

Boy is my face red!

Thanks so much for your help, guys, sorry such an obvious problem had me stymied...

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

Let us know if that was the issue.

If you do not equip items, by selecting the checkbox, herolabs does not modify the stats of the creature. This goes for every item like belts of strength ioun stones, wands, etc.

Also for weapons if you are two weapon fighting make sure you have the two weapons checked so Herolabs will correctly adjucate your to hit modifiers so they get passed to d20Pro correctly.