1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Attack submission

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by vanith, Sep 11, 2017.

1. vanith

vanith Member

I fired up both client and DM applications.
    I assigned the player a token and submitted an attack, attack does not arrive on the DM side.

[11 Sep 2017 20:12:01,146] ERROR DirectoryChangesMonitor | java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: E:\D20PRO_beta\res\scripts
    [11 Sep 2017 20:12:18,526] FATAL SafeRunnable | Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.BridgeFromPC$AttackRequestedLogic (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    java.lang.Exception: Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.BridgeFromPC$AttackRequestedLogic (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.AbstractApp$CustomEventQueue.dispatchEvent(AbstractApp.java:795)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
    at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.actioncard.ResolveAttackCard$CardRow_VsDefense.assignDefender(ResolveAttackCard.java:572)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.actioncard.ResolveAttackCard$CardRow_VsDefense.access$400(ResolveAttackCard.java:421)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.actioncard.ResolveAttackCard.<init>(ResolveAttackCard.java:110)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.DM.recognizeAttack(DM.java:1143)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.BridgeFromPC$AttackRequestedLogic.safeRun(BridgeFromPC.java:219)
    ... 16 more
    [11 Sep 2017 20:12:29,084] FATAL SafeRunnable | Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.BridgeFromPC$AttackRequestedLogic (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    java.lang.Exception: Uncaught Exception caught in SafeRunnable: com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.BridgeFromPC$AttackRequestedLogic (Thread Name: AWT-EventQueue-0)
    at com.sengent.common.threading.SafeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
    at com.mindgene.d20.common.AbstractApp$CustomEventQueue.dispatchEvent(AbstractApp.java:795)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
    at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.actioncard.ResolveAttackCard$CardRow_VsDefense.assignDefender(ResolveAttackCard.java:572)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.actioncard.ResolveAttackCard$CardRow_VsDefense.access$400(ResolveAttackCard.java:421)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.actioncard.ResolveAttackCard.<init>(ResolveAttackCard.java:110)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.DM.recognizeAttack(DM.java:1143)
    at com.mindgene.d20.dm.transport.BridgeFromPC$AttackRequestedLogic.safeRun(BridgeFromPC.java:219)
    ... 16 more

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Add to trello board as well.

3. vanith

vanith Member

what you are trying to do exactly? Client was trying to submit an attack
    what the result was and/or what steps you took? Attack did not show up on DM side - I was able to clear the bug when I submitted an attack from the same token then the player could get it to work from that point on.
    Is the issue repeatable? Yes, until I submit my attack
    what OS you are using? Windows 10
    what rules system are you using? Pathfinder
    what version of the software are you using? 3.7.1.10

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Thank you for the extra details, very helpful.

5. coronasunflare

coronasunflare New Member

Hello and good day all, I am having an issue testing out the new version (3.7.1.11). when I attempt to submit an attack on anything other than the ground, the attack simply does not get submitted. the 'resolve attack' window never appears, i can click on any token, even on itself, and nothing is submitted.

If i click on the ground however, it submits.

(running pathfinder rule set with d20pfsrd as ref document if that matters.)

please let me know if you require any additional info, I am happy to provide it. Thanks and keep up the great work!

6. vanith

vanith Member

7. Mickey

Mickey Member

I came on to post the same bug.

For me the temporary workaround is not working though. I can't even submit an attack as the GM.... unless it's an attack on the ground..... :p

8. coronasunflare

Exactly the same here mickey, even as the GM I can only attack the ground. I will have one of my players do a play test soon. we'll both try to submit an attack from the players token and see if we can get anything to work.

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Have you guys tried saving the map, reopening the map and regenerating UIN numbers?

Select all the tokens on the map, right-click->alter->team->UIN checkbox

10. coronasunflare

Just attempted what you suggested, saved and closed map, reopened, selected all tokens, right click - alter - team - checked the UIN checkbox and submitted. attacks still do not go through. I have noticed that the tokens IDs are all over. some are in the 800's some in the 200's, and this is a fresh campaign. shouldn't the first token generated be ID#1?

11. Mickey

Mickey Member

I just did that and attacks worked. I restarted D20Pro just to see if the attacks still worked and, yes, they do. So, thanks for that.

On a side note: when I regenerated the UIN numbers, I also noticed the IDs are all over the place and this is also a new campaign - one I created specifically to beta test with. 7 tokens on the map with the numbers: 77, 267, 403, 504, 506, 532, 887. I thought, too, that the first token generated would be ID#1. Bizarre.

12. vanith

vanith Member

Party members are supposed to be in the 1-100 range while non-party are 101 to 999, randomly generated

13. Mickey

Mickey Member

Ohhhhhhh! Ok. I never knew that.

14. coronasunflare

not sure why the solution works for some, but not for me. I've attempted this multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled, and attempted again. still not getting attack submission.

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Unistall/reinstall won't do anything since the issue is in the game state within the campaign.

You could try exporting the map, renaming the orig and closing it, then Import the copy, that (I think) would force an ID rebuild.

16. coronasunflare

just attempted that, also didn't work.

17. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

could you upload the map here please?

18. coronasunflare

of course, please let me know if you find anything helpful.

Attached Files:

19. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

This has been addressed in the new .15 Beta

Please let us know if this corrects your issue.

20. coronasunflare

Just downloaded and installed the new version, it appears to be working now! thanks a million!