1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Buggy NPC's

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Ty1976, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Ty1976

Ty1976 New Member

So I have had this happen twice now. I start moving the monsters to attack the PC's and then the NPC monster will freeze up. I am no longer able to click it, when I can click it it moves the map around instead of the monster. Very frustrating. The monster will also disapeer from PC's maps. This is my first game with d20 pro so maybe I am screwing something up?

thanks
    Ty

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

This is the first time I have heard of those kind of symptoms. Please give us the following information:
    Version of d20Pro
    OS
    how much ram on your machine
    which version of JVM?

This happens when you move a monster and right click and pick attack? or are you using the hot key a or q?

3. Ty1976

Ty1976 New Member

win7 x64
    Java 6 Updadate 22 (32 Bit) 64 didn't work
    8 GB ram
    D20 Pro v2.2.0

Two more things come up as I was running.

1) I had the Mini Bio screen come up for one of the characters and it wouldn't go away.
    2) A pop up kept showing up if I wanted to delete this subscription........I am not sure what that even means

4. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I have had the same issue a few times.

5. Tharck

Tharck New Member

You likely have a template or other some-such open at the time. Look for the small black rectangle box with letters in it describing "Template" or what have you. It usually appears on your screen toward the upper middle part of the map. Click the small "X" and close it, this should solve your problem.

6. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

One trick i learned, is before trying to move a monster/pc/whatever:
    click on the "monster icon" in the library first (or make sure it's green)
    then clic on monster/pc/whathaveyou and have fun.