1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Bugv3.3:SameGM/Player License connected + Images lock/black

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Lonewolf147, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

Hey all,
    Let me start by saying I THINK this is a RAM issue, but not sure so I figure I'll ask :)

When I judge a game, sometimes (more often than not) some of the tokens and even the map images are missing, and instead display the image of a lock.

Here's a screen shot of a map. You can see that 6 of the tokens are displaying correctly, but the two on the right are 'missing'. Those images are also missing in the roster on the left.

[​IMG]

Also, if I select a token and try to change its image, none of the new images display.

[​IMG]

This doesn't always happen. Sometimes the images are all there, other times they go missing as soon as they are loaded, and yet other times they will disappear in the middle of a game.

This is only a local problem on my computer. All the other players connected can see all the images correctly, even if I cannot. They even display correctly if I load up another instance of d20pro on my computer and connect as a player.

[​IMG]

Any ideas?

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Re: Token and Map images not always showing

I saw this the first time it happened, which was when the marketplace first came out for D20PRO.

I thought they fixed it, but it happened to my nuddy last night with a map.

i do not recall what causes the issue, but the symbol is there when you are using marketplace material Unlicensed.

I hope others have more input on this.

3. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

Interesting. I hope there are other answers too, especially since these are all licensed items. It's strange too that I'll be in the middle of a game and suddenly half the tokens go blank or a map will. I have to restart the program to get them to show up again (and even then I sometimes have to restart 2 or 3 times).

4. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

It happened to me with a map I built. It is just a bug, but one I have not seen in a while.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Lonewolf147,

Usually this happens when copying or moving files or when attempting to organize image files inside the d20Pro directory. d20Pro attempts to scan the graphic assets and attempts to decrypt the asset id's it assigned them when the assets were originally downloaded and if the files have moved it tries to decrypt the wrong graphics or when writing/saving decryption details.

The way to rebuild which image assets to correctly decrypt is to manually delete cryptOwners.dat and it's in each of the top level RES folders (FLR, CTR, etc). And/or to download and install the graphics again.

If the graphics are replaced with black this is an indication of needing to allocate more RAM.

Please let me know if this solves this issue for you. For quicker responses, please email: contact @ d20pro . com

6. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

Thank you for the info! I'll give it a try and if I run into any more issues I'll let you know.

7. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

So, still having this problem.

I've tried deleting all the cryptOwners.dat files and then relaunched to let it reindex everything. I've also uninstalled, reinstalled and readded all the modules (specifically the Rappan Athuk modules).

I still have the issue with the images becoming 'locked'. Although, in testing, it seems that it only happens when I have others connected to my game. If I leave it open for hours on just my computer (while working on the game), it's fine. But, after a random amount of time while other players are connected is when I lose the images. I can close and reload the program and they come back, but will disappear again at a random time later.

Any other ideas?

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Sent a PM for more troubleshooting.

9. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Issue:
    Looks like a bug when using encrypted content and connecting to the game with the same license as used to host the game.

Solution (for now):
    Using the Guest license solves the problem.

This should be addressed in v3.4. If anyone else experiences any issues with this, please contact me directly via Private Message (click this link)