1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Campaign Portal

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by HippyCraig, Dec 12, 2018.

1. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

Hi all I just wanted to post this here for anyone frustrated with the current status of Campaign portals out there with limited functionality even for the paid versions. World Anvil

I have been using this for about a year now and its been really helpful in fleshing out my custom world, the community around it is very supportive and the developers just like they are here are very responsive, this has nothing to do with VTT, its just that I wanted to share the campaign with my players so they can find out what they missed in a session and have a place to share the stories with the rest of the RPG community.

https://www.worldanvil.com

There are templates for different types parts of your campaign that will help you flesh out your world, for example there are NPC, and there are different fields that help you flesh out the details and show motive and just spark creativity for things you may have not thought of to add to them.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Awesome sauce. I'd love to talk about how and where you'd find it interesting to link D20PRO into their tool kit as this is certainly doable with the java-to-javascript extensions toolkit in current builds of D20PRO.

Also, the more we know about where folks who have roughly a year of experience using the tools see compatibility and cross-over, the better it'll be for us to approach them about formal integration.

3. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

Most of that is either fleshing out NPC and moving in manually the content into D20pro that is relevant to the app, stats, phrases etc that I add to there monster character. Also what I find helpfull is seeing were things are left off to write a report of what happened that session.

Now that I think about it I can probably just setup a link to the villain on W.A and have that sent to the users once he's encountered. Just had another idea if I kept handout information on the website and just linked it to display within D20pro that would make it more useful for both