1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Can I automatically enforce maximum movement?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ualaa, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

I'm messing around with the software, with a GM Client and a Player Client.
    I am going through a mock combat...
    The system is Pathfinder.

On the player instance, I can make an attack and then move further than the maximum movement rate of the character.
    On the GM client, if I were to catch that the movement was too great, it seems I can click the X (close) on the movement box to undo the movement.
    However, if a character with 30 ft. of available movement were to chose to move 60 ft., the system seems to allow it, unless I catch it on the GM client.

Is there a way to limit movement to valid remaining distance?
    5 ft., if a full-attack action was taken.
    A normal movement if a standard action was taken?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There are lot's of indicators, the log updates with the tokens movement, as well as the move indicator in the top middle of the display, that changes color as the user moves (green 1x, Orange 2x, red 3x etc.).

The player can reset their move by hitting 'escape', if they mis move, move to far or the GM needs them to start again.

This all is still left mainly in the GMs hand to oversee, just as you would at a live table, mainly that restriction is harder to allow accounting for things that would allow exception to those restrictions, where as not restricting this allows for the GM to easily account for anything he or the players need to happen for what ever that reason might be.

#2 Wesley Gorby, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  3. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

That makes sense.
    I'm still rather new to the software, so am learning as I go.

Do you know of any videos showing d20Pro in actual play?
    I've found tutorials for how to use features, but am not having much luck on actual gameplay videos.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Have you looked on Twitch, There are a few streams there.. I'll see if I can dig up some links for you.

5. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

Thanks, I'll check out Twitch.