1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Can players see status icons on mobs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tintagel, Jan 2, 2019.

1. tintagel

tintagel Member

Is there a way for players to see status effects on units they don't control? I want to be able to put status effects on monsters like stunned or bleeding or hunters mark or curse and have the players be able to see them.

Right now, it seems that players are only able to see status markers on units they own. That severely limits the usefulness of status icons.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

status markers should be visible to all connected players -- even if they don't own the token. I'll run some tests on this end to see if i can replicate a non-shared status.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Sure enough. Looks like we added this feature (i.e. bug) with the release. I went ahead and built out a means to set up the marker visibility on tokens to be in one of the following states:

* do not show status makers on tokens
    * show status markers on all tokens (who have them)
    * show status markers only on public or owned tokens (unless you're the GM, then you see them all)

upload_2019-1-2_16-29-56.png